Is there a way to limit the export options when doing an embed.

Anthony Potts shared this question 11 months ago
Answered

We don't want to allow users to export an embedded report with DOCX or PDF - is there a way to limit that list?

Also, PDF export is not supported by default, it throws an error, which is frustrating.

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your question.

I'll take a look into this and get back to you with a comprehensive answer.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

I found a way to do this with CSS, but it is kind of ugly and fragile. would be nice if there were more options to place in the URL. for example, not showing the details link. also, the export drop down has a terrible UX with no visual queue as to what you are hovering over or clicking on!

photo

Hi Anthony,

Yes, for individual reports, CSS I think is the current method.

You can do it for a particular role via the role's config screen:

1067229a81b949407bc705fdaefb7e8d

PDF Export should be supported by default, but in version 9, you need or should have either a version of Java installed that includes JavaFX or add JavaFX separately.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

how do you set the default? if this is a public report?

photo

I changed these settings, but they ONLY work when using the full YF application. When you do an embed, the options still show up!!!

photo

Hi Anthony,

I've been looking into this but haven't been able to replicate it. Have you tried loading the page in a private window, do the options on the embedded report still show? What happens when you click on them? If they're still coming up, can you please send over a screenshot or two.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Anthony,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Is there anything you are needing from me to help get this resolved?

Kind regards,

Chris McCarthy

photo

we found a way to make it work, appreciate the follow up. go ahead and resolve this

photo

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for letting me know!
I'll close this off. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file