is there any way to deactivate the option to keep history within content categories (folders)?

Javi Papell shared this idea 7 years ago
Completed

Hi,

We'd need to be able to deactivate for specific users the option to manage 'version history' when they add new content categories (folders) . We need that our reports writers can manage the folder structure in order to let them freedom to classify the reports as they like, however we can't let them manage the option to keep historics, because if they do it wrong it may have a big impact in our server storage infrastructure.

So, we need to find a way to block this option for specific roles, or be able to full deactivate it. It would be nice to have the same option with the 'Draft Content Default Folder' .

Regards

Running with Yellowfin 7.2 (build 20160926)

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Javi,

Yes, you can control users to access the content history.

This following wiki link has the instructions on how to achieve it:

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Content+Categories#ContentCategories-ContentSecurityAccess

Please let me know if I got it wrong or if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

Probably I didn't explain well, let me try again. My problem lies on the control to acces to the 'report Version History', we'd like to not allow users to be able to modify this settings . I don't mind about security access but we can't allow them to activate report history because it may generate a huge amount of data in our database.

b3c5253a524f367f9e0d84659987918c

'

Regards

photo

Hi Javi,

Sorry it is not possible to stop users access to the 'Report Version History'.

I will log this as an enhancement request.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi,

I think it would be a great enhancement for a lot of users administrators.

Regards

photo

Hi Javi,

Sorry for the delayed response on this.

I think this is a very valid point, and has such been logged in our system.

I cannot comment on when it will be done, but once there is movement we will update this post.

Thanks for the feedback on this!

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file