Filter according to cell value

Gerhard Mitterlechner shared this idea 18 months ago
Idea Logged

In MS Excel, there is this very nice feature of a table that right-clicking on a value opens up the context menu option "Filter by selected cell's value".

This then automatically adds a filter that reduces the rows of the report to only those with the selected value.

A similar functionality "Exclude by selected cell's value" (filter all rows that hat NOT the selected cell's value) would also be nice. (It adds a filter with the rows that have NOT the selected value.)

Are there plans in the future for such an improvement?

Especially for exploratory data analysis that include many filters whose settings are not known in advance these two features would save a lot of time.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Gerhard,

Thanks for reaching out. I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into potentially adding this functionality to a future version of the application. I've attached this ticket to the task and added your organization as an affected client for tracking purposes. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric! Thanks, no more questions for this issue!

photo

Hi Eric! Is there any progress on this enhancement? What's the plan? Our customers, that used our old versions of BI products using a different BI software that offers this feature, are really used to use this for fast data exploration. (And also our developers / consultants / testers do.) We would greatly appreciate this feature to see included in some future versions!

photo

Hi Gerhard,

No developments to report on this task at this time unfortunately; that said you can request escalation on this dev task ID YFN-24802 via your account manager for this Idea to get increased prioritization on our end.

thanks,
Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file