User Import - IpPerson = 0?

Carly Duncan shared this question 12 months ago
Completed

When I did a csv import, it set the ipPerson id to 0 and those users are not appearing in the client org user list that I imported them in.

It looks like " has appeared in fields that it shouldnt have as well (Ex: Salutation was set to " and not left null)

Is something wrong with my user import? I've attached it.

Replies (10)

photo

Hi carly,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

Has CSV import worked as expected for you before? Any changes to the system?

Ipperson = 0 does'nt seem right... is the value actually 0 in the table? Maybe it's null?

Has Yellowfin app or configuration DB been upgraded / migrated to a new location? IPperson = (something) when creating a user through the admin console, correct?

One test initially - I remember having issues with CSV user import leaving the "hidden" lines like the top line in the attached file. Could you try removing this line and importing quickly?

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Has CSV import worked as expected for you before? Any changes to the system? Yes

is the value actually 0 in the table? Maybe it's null? No, its set to 0 (see attached screenshot)

Has Yellowfin app or configuration DB been upgraded / migrated to a new location? IPperson = (something) when creating a user through the admin console, correct? No it is not been upgraded migrated.

I tried importing the attached and its not working at all (I get error:Upload file should be a CSV...:"

photo

Hi Carly,

Thanks for the update, I'd look at differences in previous system / csv setup to ascertain a cause on this. Based on the message first you will need to make the file a valid CSV by changing the extension for YF to recognize it as such.

I was not able to upload the file as is however, it's slightly different formatting and Yellowfin appears very particular, I was able to change some values around to get Cynthia added as opposed to Teresa with the parameters in the screenshot.

c0028cb0955ba07be7e12c1ffe76da76

I just changed the final 3 values in the row

"Basic","Title","Active"

to "YFADMIN","CEO","ACTIVE"

For the upload to complete. it might be a case sensitive thing, or a missing role code... I'd check staffmemberrole table in this case. Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

I have reattached the csv file and followed your suggestions. I am getting a different error now which I am taking as a good sign. Now it says "Oh no! An error occurred saving your details to the database. Please try again later"

anything else I can try? I have a lot of users I need to import as we are launching this product on Monday.

photo

Hi Carly,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get "brian Bennet 3" uploaded with some tweaking, I needed to fill empty fields in csv row, and make adjustments to "not find" the corrupt user that had "already been added." This looks like a bug that will need to be fixed ultimately - I'dlok into an alternative method of adding the users such as manually or via web services for now.

e4c6a1697a950fc0afdda2593fc6baa0

Attached csv for reference, let me know if you can add similarly configured users.

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Oof. Okay! Thanks

photo

Hi Carly,

Thanks for the reply. So at this point I could submit a dev task at this point something along the lines of -

"User CSV upload with <null values in username / password> creates "corrupt" users"

Does this sound like a good way towards a solution here?

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Hi Carly,

Just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to review my reply at this time.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Sorry I somehow missed your last comment! We decided to simulate the login for each user by logging in as them ourselves in our application. It took about 8 hours but we eventually were able to login as everyone which in turn created the users via API so we are all good!

Thank you!

photo

Hi Carly,

Thanks for the update here, glad to hear things worked out with this project. I'll go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed at this time, feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,
Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file