Multiple Login Logic

Carly Duncan shared this question 12 months ago
Completed

I want to allow multiple logins for a user. Can we allow a user to be logged in from multiple locations? I can see there are only options to terminate when a user logs in from another location.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Carly

Thank you for reaching yellowfin support.

Could you please provide your exact requirement here like Do you want to login same user in different locations or same user login at a time in different locations ?

In "yellowfin Multiple Login Logic" settings control what happens if a user in yellowfin tries to login on multiple PCs with the same login account.

dc686c576f4be1992cfd79d95f31fd49

Example scenario:

UserName:"Siddhartha.pathi@yellowfin.bi" logs in on 1 PC, then tries to log in on a 2nd PC.

Deny local = Will not allow him to login on the 2nd PC.

Kill Remote = Will log him in on the 2nd PC and log him out of the 1st PC.

Ask = When he tries to log in on the 2nd PC it will ask whether to ?cancel? the login, or kill the

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi,

I do not want the user to be logged out of the other session. Is that possible?

photo

Hi Carly

Thank you for your response. give me some time to look into it. After doing so, I'll let you know what I find.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Carly

Yes this is possible if you have a Concurrent User licence. Concurrent licensing defines how many users can be logged in to Yellowfin at one time, using the SAME user role.

/7c27019b6171f5a3f71a002a99b23ff2

I would like to suggest go through the below links. It contains all the information regarding to concurrent user.

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/agent/object/60

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-the-license-licence-no-matter-how-you-spell-it-details-page-within-yellowfin

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

This is truly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for your enthusiastic support

photo
photo

Hi Siddhartha,

I dont think that is what I am talking about. I think Concurrent Users is how many users in general. I am talking about the SAME user logged in from two different locations at the same time.

Example:

user1@test.com logs in from a computer in Canada

user1@test.com logs in from a computer in USA

^is that possible?

Thanks,

photo

Hi Carly

Unfortunately, Yellowfin does not provide this option. This may be accomplished through some type of integration or external user management, but only with the help of your implementation expert. This is out of support from yellowfin.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Okay, thank you for the clarification!

photo

Hi Carly

If that's all good, I'll go ahead and mark this as completed. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Regard

Siddhartha

Leave a Comment

Attach a file