Access Filter ReferenceType and ReferenceId via REST API?

c.a. shared this question 12 months ago
Completed

can the ReferenceType/ReferenceId settings used in Access Filter be set via the REST API?

can the current values for ReferenceType/ReferenceId be retrieved via the REST API for existing users?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin support.

Yes, you can use the Yellowfin REST API to set and retrieve the ReferenceType/ReferenceId settings used in Access Filters for users.

To set the ReferenceType/ReferenceId for a user, you can use the PUT method with the /api/admin/user/{userId}/accessFilter endpoint.

Here's an example of the JSON payload you can use:

{
"referenceType": "FOLDER",
"referenceId": "123"
}

In this example, the ReferenceType is set to "FOLDER" and the ReferenceId is set to "123". You would replace these values with the actual values you want to set for your user.

To retrieve the current ReferenceType/ReferenceId settings for a user, you can use the GET method with the /api/admin/user/{userId}/accessFilter endpoint. The response will include the current values for ReferenceType and ReferenceId.

Here's an example of what the response might look like:

{
"id": 123,
"referenceType": "FOLDER",
"referenceId": "456"
}

In this example, the user's ID is 123, and their ReferenceType is set to "FOLDER" with a ReferenceId of "456".

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello,

The response looked promising, however these endpoints do not work for me (get=404, put=405). I've tried both, and some variations on each. According to the "System Information" I'm on REST API Version: 2.0*. Is there something I can do to enable or get access to these?

Also the endpoints you've described don't seem to appear in the ReDoc for the REST API.

thanks,

-chris

* I'm currently in demo/trail and I'm working with a Yellowfin instance on ec2 via the AWS marketplace per these instructions.

photo

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing the details. I have gone through your query and I have found an article related to REST API which supports as per the Yellowfin documentation, Please go through this link and do let me if you need any further assistance regarding this.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/REST+API

https://developers.yellowfinbi.com/dev/api-docs/current/

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

I have no problem using the REST API, I have built out significant functionality using the REST API.

What I'm saying is that the specific endpoints that you wrote in your first reply ("accessFilter"):

1. are not documented

2. do not work for me

-chris

photo
photo

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update.

I have discussed the same with our wider team and they have mentioned like " I do not believe there is a REST endpoint for running a report. We build a reports endpoint to return report meta-data and other details to support our mobile app, but the reports in the app are actually run using the JSAPI. We have a set of legacy SOAP services that can actually be used to run reports, but we have not replicated these in REST yet (as there is not a lot of demand)."

Please let me know if you want me to raise an enhancement request for your query.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Chris,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Chris,

Greetings for the Day.

This email is to notify you that we believe that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be closed as no further assistance is needed with the given solution. Because of age and inactivity I am going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed. However, if you ever wanted to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let us know, we will be more than happy to do so.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file