Columns missing from View

Carly Duncan shared this question 12 months ago
Completed

When I look at the SQL from the summary tab, the query shows there are 2 columns. When I edit the view, there are many columns. Why are those columns in the view but not in the sql or available when I try to build a report with that view?

Please see video

Replies (7)

photo

Note when I do try to deselect/reselect all columns from the view builder and republish the view, I get an error message.

See Video

photo

Hello Carly,

Thank you for contacting Yellowfin Support.

While we are investigating this issue, could you please let us know the exact version and build of Yellowfin you
are currently using so that we can replicate the same and get back to you with the findings.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

you bet!

Application Version:9.8.1.3
Build:20230216
Java Version:1.8.0_362
Operating System:Linux 4.18.0-425.13.1.el8_7.x86_64 (amd64)
photo

Hello Carly,

Thank you for providing the version details.

Could you please let us know the following details to investigate further:

• Please restart the Tomcat server once, then repeat the process.
  • Do you just observe this problem in one view, or in all of them?
  • I would appreciate it if you would construct a new view using the same data and post the results here.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo
  • Do you just observe this problem in one view, or in all of them?
  • We have observed this problem with a number of our views. Nearly every day we are noticing our dashboards break because all of a sudden view that was previously fine is now missing several columns
  • I would appreciate it if you would construct a new view using the same data and post the results here.
  • I recreated the view and all of the columns are there no problem

Please help us find out why the columns are randomly missing at times because it is causing everything to break and we cannot use this product unless the views stop breaking.

photo

This has been resolved on a ticket.

Thank you!

photo

Hello Clary,

I hope you are doing well.

Glad to hear that this has been resolved, Thank you for providing this update here we will mark this as completed. Please revert back if you have any queries further we are happy to assist.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file