Is it possible to have a task for View Approvals?

Casper Badenhorst shared this idea 7 years ago
Completed

New reports, before they are made public, can be approved by the relevant Authorised Role. This really helps with things like Report Governance where customers need a little more control.

A recent query from a prospective customer is whether a View Creation can also be governed in a similar way. In other words, once a view is created (Clone forced) that the view cannot be made active unless it is approved by the relevant authorised role at which time it will replace the existing view.

The current method is development in a Dev environment, QA and then export to production assuming it passes QA. It appears that the customer is toying with the idea of having Views created directly in production by their analysts to speed up information consumption rather than have a dependency on IT as a bottleneck.

Thanks

Cas

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Casper,

Thanks for getting in touch about this, I can definitely see how this feature would be a useful tool in order to bypass potential IT bottlenecks.

I'm going to go ahead and convert this Question to an Idea so that other members of the Community can comment and vote on it before it goes in front of our product team. They will examine the idea for inclusion in a future build.

Please let me know if you have any questions on this, or if there is anything else that we can do for you from Support.

Thanks!

-Conner

photo

Sounds perfect mate. Thanks

photo

Hi Casper,

Ok have an update on this.

In Yellowfin 7.3, Views are now stored in categories. Which means..

If the category has 'expert approval required' , it will also apply to the view being saved there.

Unfortunately though, this will not be implemented in a release until Feb 2017.

The report side of things still works, but the view approval needs just a little more work.

If you wanted to check this out post 7.3 Feb and run into any issues, or have questions , please let us know.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

I will be testing this over the next couple of weeks and let you know...if this works, I am sure we can work something out...

photo

Awesome, please let me know how it goes.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file