Splitting Data Using a Delimiter

Katherine shared this question 12 months ago
Answered

In our reports we have a field that is populated by a picklist multiple so the data in that field comes through as ["Value 1", "Value 2"]. Is there a way to separate the data in that field so it populates as 2 rows instead of 1? E.g. Value 1 in the first row and then Value 2 in the 2nd row?

Replies (8)

photo

Hello Katherine,

Thank you for contacting Yellowfin Support.

Could you please provide the following details to help you further:

• Could you please provide the exact version that you are using.
  • Could you please let us know how this field has been created are you using any calculated field.

Regards.

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hi Priya,

We're using version 8.0.11.1 and it's just a normal field coming from our source data, not a calculated field.

Thanks,

Katherine

photo

Hello Katherine,

I hope you are doing well.

Unfortunately, this is not possible to separate the data in that field so data populates as 2 rows instead of 1. To split the source data you may change this from your database. Please revert back if you have any further queries we are happy to assist.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hi Priya,

What about columns instead of rows?

Thanks,

Kate

photo

Hello Katherine,

Unfortunately, this is not possible to separate data of a single set into 2 columns or 2 rows . To split the source data you may change this from your database. Please revert back if you have any further queries we are happy to assist.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi

photo

Hello Katherine,

I just wanted to double-check to see if you require any assistance with this, If not I will go ahead and mark this as completed.
I would appreciate hearing your comments.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hello Katherine,

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hello Katherine,

I hope I have answered all your questions with regards to this case. It's been 5 days since I heard from you, because of age and inactivity I am going to go ahead and mark this as Completed, however, please feel free to re-open this ticket if you need any further assistance. I would be more than happy to assist where I can.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file