How can I stop filters from caching during the import?

David Registro shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

When I import content, the filters are caching behind the scenes, so it's taking ages. How can I stop filters from caching during the import?

Replies (5)

photo

As of 7.1 (Jan 2017) and later, you can now skip the filter cache process, by adding a flag to the Yellowfin DB.

To do this;

1. Stop Yellowfin

2. Run the following against the Yellowfin DB:

1. insert into configuration (iporg, configtypecode, configcode, configdata) values (1, 'SYSTEM', 'SKIPIMPORTCACHEPOPULATION','TRUE');

3. Start Yellowfin and do your import.

NOTE: You will need to manually refresh these filters post upgrade (or have the schedule run).

photo

Just discovered this! - is there similar config relating to publishing content too? or do cached filters not get refreshed on publish (view or report)?

Would be really handy to have a reference list of all these config options in the documentation rather than finding out about them via random community posts!
There is a short list in Wiki: https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Advanced+Configurations but the config option in this post is not there, so how many more useful options are exist that nobody knows about?

Regards, Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin support.

Could you please let us know the current version you are using? If it is Version 7.3 to prevent filters from caching during content import in Yellowfin version 7.3, you can modify the yellowfin.properties file to disable the cache for the duration of the import process. Please find the below steps :

1. Open the yellowfin.properties file in a text editor. This file is typically located in the <yellowfin>/appserver/webapps/yellowfin/WEB-INF/classes directory.
  2. Add the following line to the file: webcache.globalFilterCachingEnabled=false
  3. Save the file and restart the Yellowfin application server.

This configuration option will disable filter caching during the content import process, which should speed up the import process.

Regarding publishing content, Yellowfin should automatically refresh cached filters when a view or report is published. However, if you're experiencing issues with cached filters not being refreshed after publishing content, you may want to try clearing the filter cache manually. You can do this by going to the Administration Console, selecting the "Cache Management" section, and clicking the "Clear Filter Cache" button.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Nick,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Nick,

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file