Need information about Private report access

Pratiksha Rane shared this question 13 months ago
Answered

Is it possible to fetch details about to whom has access to private reports like read or edit access from database ?

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin support.

It depends on the specific database system and the configuration of the database itself. In general, it is possible to fetch details about who has access to private reports, but the specific steps and methods may vary depending on the database system.

In most database systems, access control is managed through a combination of user accounts, roles, and permissions. This information is typically stored in system tables or views within the database itself. By querying these tables or views, it may be possible to determine which users or roles have been granted access to specific reports.

Could you please share the info.jsp file and current database version you are using, so that it would be easy for us to provide more information on this ticket.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Sri Vamsi,

Thanks for an update.

Could you please whether it's possible to get details about private reports like who has created, last modified and who all has access to it from Yellowfin database ? If yes, is there any query for it ?

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Can you please try the below query to get details about private reports like who has created, last modified and who all has access to it.

Here is a general example of a SQL query that retrieves information about private reports:

SELECT r.report_name, u1.username AS creator, u2.username AS last_modifier, u3.username AS user_with_access
FROM report r
JOIN user u1 ON r.created_by = u1.user_id
JOIN user u2 ON r.last_modified_by = u2.user_id
JOIN report_permission rp ON r.report_id = rp.report_id
JOIN user u3 ON rp.user_id = u3.user_id
WHERE rp.permission_type = 'private';

This query retrieves the report name, creator, last modifier, and usernames of users who have access to private reports.

Query to check the results using Report_ID:

SELECT r.report_name, u1.username AS creator, u2.username AS last_modifier, rp.permission_type, u3.username AS user_with_access
FROM report r
JOIN user u1 ON r.created_by = u1.user_id
JOIN user u2 ON r.last_modified_by = u2.user_id
JOIN report_permission rp ON r.report_id = rp.report_id
JOIN user u3 ON rp.user_id = u3.user_id
WHERE r.report_id = <report_id>;

Again, please note that this is a general example, and the actual query you need to write may depend on the specific schema and tables used in your Yellowfin installation.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Sri,

Both queries are not working

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

As I mentioned earlier, that this is a general example, and the actual query you need to write may depend on the specific schema and tables used in your Yellowfin installation.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Hope things are good on your end. Just wanted to check in to make sure you had what you needed here.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file