Yellowfin 8.0 silent installation error with driver

Ravindra shared this problem 13 months ago
Resolved

We are trying to use silent installation of yellowfin. When running the installation, getting below errors:

Without specifying any JDBCDriverFiles, error is:

[root@ct-cp-yellowfin-prod tmp]# java -jar yellowfin-8.0.11-20220223-full.jar -silent install.properties
Missing key: option.db.jdbcdriverfiles
java.lang.Exception: Missing key: option.db.jdbcdriverfiles
at com.hof.installer.cmd.SilentFullInstall.checkOptions(SilentFullInstall.java:238)
at com.hof.installer.cmd.SilentFullInstall.main(SilentFullInstall.java:38)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.hof.installer.Installer.runSilent(Installer.java:647)
at com.hof.installer.Installer.runInstaller(Installer.java:551)
at com.hof.installer.Installer.main(Installer.java:810)

when I give the JDBCDriverFiles=/tmp/mysql-connector-java.jar in install.properties, error given is

[root@ct-cp-yellowfin-prod tmp]# java -jar yellowfin-8.0.11-20220223-full.jar -silent install.properties
Loading class `com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'. This is deprecated. The new driver class is `com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'. The driver is automatically registered via the SPI and manual loading of the driver class is generally unnecessary.
Error
java.lang.Exception: Error creating DBInterface: couldn't connect

The installation.properties file contains:

InstallPath=/opt/yellowfin
InstallTutorialDatabase=false
ServicePort=8080
InstallService=false
DatabaseType=MySQL
CreateYellowfinDB=false
CreateYellowfinDBUser=false
DatabaseHostname=xx.xx.x.xx
DatabaseName=yellowfin
DatabaseDBAUser=yfadmin
DatabaseDBAPassword=xxxxxx
DatabaseUser=yfuser
DatabasePassword=

Java Version: openjdk version "1.8.0_362"

MySQL driver version: mysql Ver 8.0.32 for Linux on x86_64

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Ravindra,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin Support.

Can you please try below things, from logs I can see that there is an issue with jdbc drivers how the connection is being used, and I seem to be finding 2 solutions online;

1. Update security settings for Java

2. Change JDBC URL string. Unable to do with full installer

Note: This is to keep you informed that, currently Version 7 and 8 are out of the support scope and unfortunately we are unable to provide support on these versions. I would certainly recommend you to please give it a try by installing the latest supported version which would be Version 9. For your reference, you can get that from this link.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Ravindra,

Hope things are good on your end. Just wanted to check in to make sure you had what you needed here.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Ravindra,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed due to inactivity at this time. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file