Is it possible to use a view with different data limit depending on the user role?

Stefan Hall shared this question 13 months ago
Answered

Hi,

I need your support. We have a more complex view with data over many years.

When a content writer builds a report on it, it should be able to retrieve the last 12 calendar months at most. When an admin builds a report, this restriction should not apply.

I don't know if it is possible. It would just be annoying if we had to duplicate the view because of this. We always have to maintain it with all adjustments, again and again.

;) Stefan

Replies (7)

photo

any idea?

photo

push

photo

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question.

No way to do this currently but I could submit a request to "restrict allowed date range" based on role, does that sound like what you're looking for here?

You could create a view level filter or adjust "active row limit" at source or view currently, I'd recommend looking into that in the meantime.

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Hi Stefan,

Just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to review my reply at this time.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Stefan,

Just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to review my reply at this time.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

I guess I was a little too disappointed to answer right away. Please excuse the delay.
It's a pity that I now have to duplicate a view, but you answered my question immediately and clearly.
Thank you for your support, you can complete this issue

;) Stefan

photo

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply here, I'll go ahead and close this ticket off at this time, but feel welcome to reply here if you change your mind in regards to pursuing this functionality in the future.

Thanks,
Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file