How to view user login history

D G shared this question 13 months ago
Answered

Hi folks,

Do you know a way to look at the usage of certain users to see how often they are logging into YF. We would like to disable users who are not using the system. Tx!

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Dermot Gately

Thank you reaching yellowfin support.

The Event table contains a record for this information.

I would like to recommend you to go through the below article.

(https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/yfforum-user-login-stats-and-session-time-reports-thread-91195)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Dermot Gately

Hope everything is good.

To see whether you had a chance to see my response, I just wanted to check in. If you could let me know, that would be great.

Regards

Siddhartha.

photo

Hi Dermot Gately

Hope everything is good.

To see whether you had a chance to see my response, I just wanted to check in. If you could let me know, that would be great.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Dermot Gately

Hope everything is good.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Thanks. That was exactly what I wanted. Regards!

photo

Weirdly when I add some formatting:

select to_char(e.GMTDateTime,'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'), p.FullName, e.EventCode from Event e, Person p
where e.EventTypeCode = 'USERACCESS'
and e.IpSource = p.IpPerson
order by e.gmtdatetime ;

I get error:

ERROR: multiple decimal points SQL state: 42601

photo

Hi Dermot Gately

Thank you for your response.

This query was tested and successfully ran in my test environment. I haven't noticed any errors. I've included a video for your reference in the attachment.

This (ERROR: multiple decimal points SQL state: 42601) because of your timestamp given in the query. Timestamp need to look like (YYYYMMddhhmmss).

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Dermot Gately

Hope everything is good.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Dermot Gately

Hope everything is good.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards

Siddhartha

Leave a Comment

Attach a file