Number of days between First Intake and Physician Assessment

Trey Grimes shared this question 13 months ago
Answered

I'm running into a snag here. I need to track the amount of days between a clients Initial Intake and their first Doctor's Visit. I've tried pulling the dates from a -Min aggregation on each visit type and using the Days Between predefined in the calculated fields, but it's not working. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this?

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Trey,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin support.

Based on your query, To calculate the number of days between a client's initial intake and their first doctor's visit, you can follow these steps:

1. Create a new view in Yellowfin that includes the fields you need: client ID, visit type, visit date.
  2. Create a new calculated field called "Initial Intake" that uses the MIN function to find the earliest intake date for each client. The formula would look something like this: MIN([Visit Date] WHERE [Visit Type] = 'Initial Intake').
  3. Create another calculated field called "First Doctor's Visit" that uses the MIN function to find the earliest doctor's visit date for each client. The formula would look something like this: MIN([Visit Date] WHERE [Visit Type] = 'Doctor's Visit').
  4. Create a third calculated field called "Days Between" that calculates the number of days between the initial intake date and the first doctor's visit date. The formula would look like this: DAYS_BETWEEN([Initial Intake], [First Doctor's Visit]).

Once you have these fields in your view, you can use them in your reports to track the number of days between a client's initial intake and their first doctor's visit. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Trey,

Hope things are good on your end. Just wanted to check in to make sure you had what you needed here.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

I had to do it a little differently. When I tried using WHERE statements in the calculated fields, BI wouldn’t let me use it. But I figured it out another way. Thanks for the help.

photo

Hi Trey,

That's great to hear! If that's all good, I'll go ahead and mark this as complete?

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Ok. Thanks again.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file