Yellowfin java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after connection close

Ravindra shared this problem 13 months ago
Resolved

I am connected to Oracle ADW.

Created a new datasource ,and the connection test was successful. When trying to create a new view with same data source, I get below error:

Attaching full logfile also.

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after connection closed.java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after connection closed.
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:110) ~[mysql-connector-java.8.0.29]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:97) ~[mysql-connector-java.8.0.29]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:89) ~[mysql-connector-java.8.0.29]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:63) ~[mysql-connector-java.8.0.29]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:73) ~[mysql-connector-java.8.0.29]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:73) ~[mysql-connector-java.8.0.29]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.rollback(ConnectionImpl.java:1844) ~[mysql-connector-java.8.0.29]

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Ravindra,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin support.

Could you provide a compressed copy of the entire logs folder for analysis? You can upload to our ftp https://ftp.yellowfin.bi using the "send files" option. Just reply here with a filename and timestamp if you could please.

Could you please let me know from how long you are facing this issue. Have you made any changes or upgraded the YF version? and also please attach the info.jsp file.

Note : I have gone through the issue and I found this article, this might be helpful.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45252205/no-operations-allowed-after-connection-closed-mysql

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

Have you

photo

I tried the steps for wait_timeout given in the link provided, but it did not help resolve the issue.

uploaded logs.zip on ftp server. Please check.

photo

I think the issue is coming from ADW server, for which the data source is created and not from mysql db.

photo

Hi Ravindra,

Thanks for your reply.

I investigated your issue and noticed that, according to Yellowfin server requirements, it currently supports MYSQL5. Please find the below link for your reference.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Server+Requirements

eea79fea91dd9c88b7d527d501cc131b

However, in the interim you can get around this using the previous 5.1.47 driver (see attached)

Note: You can try below before going for work around with Previous Version.

Install version 8.0.29 of the MySQL Connector/J JDBC driver on the server before running the Yellowfin installer.

Note: This is NOT the latest version of the Connector/J driver. Yellowfin will not install using the latest (Version 8.0.30) version of the Connector/J driver, even if the above server configuration is applied.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

We are using OCI for configuring the yellowfin servers. In OCI, we have only MySQL 8.0. 28 to 8.0.32. The requirements given in wiki are Minimum supported. So, I assume that yellowfin supports MySQL5 and above.

However, just for this ticket update, the timeout error was due to not selecting a specific schema in datasource and currently, we are not getting it now. But, we still need confirmation on the softwares to be used, so that we do not get issues. Can you please go through the list of software versions below and let us know if it is ok, to install the same, and we will not face any issues?

MySQL DB 8.0.30 or higher

mysql Driver: mysql Ver 8.0.26 for Linux on x86_64

Java : openjdk version "1.8.0_345"

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_345-b01)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.345-b01, mixed mode)

Yellowfin version currently installed: yellowfin8.0 (yellowfin-8.0.11-20220223-full.jar)

photo

Hi Ravindra,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We wanted to know which JDBC driver you were currently using, after reviewing your installation log ( while connecting to a MySQL 8.0.30 instance). Please download the JDBC driver 8.0.30 if you are using an older version.
Please try again with the most recent version, using your existing user with the appropriate permissions, and let us know how it goes.

Below requirements looks good as per YF wiki

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/user80/Installation+Prerequisites

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/USER74/Server+Requirements

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Ravindra,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Ravindra,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed due to inactivity at this time. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file