Chart Sorting Bug

Jasper Dan Estareja shared this problem 14 months ago
Defect Logged

Hi Support,

Looks like there's a bug on the bar charts.

This report is sorting using the Month field.

c126b9abcd3bd98891ec7b0a6a4920b0

a0ec039e7004d354265aea615b2a8476

But when we build the chart, it doesn't follow that order even if we set the Sort Order to Data Order.

9872c6498dd423765add3e979d8c8505

It seems to only work properly when Auto Chart is selected. But the problem is, Auto Chart doesn't have some of the basic chart formatting options, like the Legend Position set to Top.

Yellowfin Version:

f43ddf066041afbb96bf099156021778

Looking forward for a solution, as this has been frustrating our client the past few days.

Thanks,

Jasper

Replies (15)

photo

Hello Jasper,

Thanks for contacting the yellowfin support team,

I just understand is this happening for all the bar charts or any particular one?

Have you tried this with different data ?

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi Vemu,

I did some test and it looks like it's only happening on reports coming from a specific view. The report also has a sub-query using the same view.

The sorting problem doesn't seem to be happening on all report created using that view, some reports are actually working fine.

I've tried creating the same report set up using a different view and it works properly.

Thanks,

Jasper

photo

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for your analysis,

I would like to understand how you are creating the View (Using freehand Sql/ Manually)

We would like to recommend to create a new View with the same data and try to replicate the same.

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi Vemu,

The view was created by joining 2 drag and drop tables, no manual SQL codes aside from calculated fields.

143147e8dbb991b1297776e02034a7cd

I've recreated the view and the report, but currently waiting for the client's data refresh as the report doesn't have values for the field needed for it to display the stacks. I'll update you again soon.

Thanks,

Jasper

photo

Hi Vemu,

Sending you the export file, in case you want to replicate the issue on your end.

Thanks,
Jasper

photo

Hi Jasper,

Good Day!

Since we don't have the data source from a client, we are unable to replicate this with yfx file.

As you are trying to replicate this just wanted to check how it goes.

Can you please suggest the user create the same view once again with the same data and try to replicate the same.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi Vemu,

The export file I uploaded actually contains my recreated view and report. I got the same sorting problem.

Thanks,

Jasper

photo

Hello Jasper, Good day!

I'm trying to Import the yfx file which you have provided but I'm unable to import it, Because of the data. Can you please try to replicate the same with the SKI team data source and provide the YFX file to us.

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi Vemu,

As requested, attached is the export file of a test report with the same sorting problem. I created the report using Ski Team data.

Thanks,
Jasper

photo

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for sharing the required details, I'll replicate this in my local environment & I will update you on my findings once my Analysis is done.

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi Jasper,

I'm trying to import the below yfx file but unfortunately, the report not importing only the view getting imported, Can you please help me with the video that how you are creating a report/chart so that I can create a report/chart and replicate same?

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi Vemu,

I currently don't have a way to record my screen so I just captured screenshots of how the report looks. Attached in a zip file.
Also included is a PDF export of the report, the tabular report has the dates properly sorted, but the chart doesn't follow.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Jasper

photo

Hello Jasper,

I hope you are doing well.

I have replicated the same in my environment however I got the same results & I'm attaching the replication video here, Could you please check and confirm if I missed anything?

Video Link: https://watch.screencastify.com/v/DyE0Apr4QFQmrGEx2khy

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi Vemu,

Yes, that's the exact results we are seeing.

Thanks,
Jasper

photo

Hello Jasper,

Thanks for the confirmation, This seems like a Bug as I have replicated the same & I'm also facing the same results.

I will go ahead and create a defect logged with the Dev team, I will update you once I hear back anything from them.

Please feel free to respond here if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file