Not able to broadcast the dashboard

Ullar Unt shared this problem 14 months ago
Resolved

Hi,

We are not able to broadcast a dashboard in YF. We do not see any errors on our end or in event logs. Under Schedule Management, the status is running, but the dashboard never gets delivered. If I tried to broadcast it to myself, I got it. If I will add more users, nobody gets it. Where or how should we address this problem, or how to understand where the issue is?

Best regards,
Üllar Unt

Replies (18)

photo

Hello Ullar Unt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Yellowfin Support Team.

While we are investigating this issue, could you please let us know the exact version and build of Yellowfin you are currently using so that we can replicate the same and get back to you with the findings.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Please find below:

Application Version:9.7.2
Build:20220602
Java Version:11.0.13
Operating System:Windows Server 2019 10.0 (amd64)

Üllar

photo

Hello Ullar Unt,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Allow me some time to look into this

I'll get back to you with the findings.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Ullar Unt,

Could you please verify the user's role permissions.
Go to Administration>Admin console>role>Dashboard>Broadcast dashboard
Broadcast dashboard should be enabled

Please verify and retry, and if the problem still exists, let me know.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Yes, the role is a system administrator, and the broadcast dashboard is enabled. As I wrote earlier, "If I tried to broadcast it to myself, I got it. If I will add more users, nobody gets it.".

Üllar

photo

Hello Ullar Unt,

In order to clarify a few things, we would like to schedule a remote session based on your availability.

I'm available from 21:00 PM. to 6:00 AM. IST from Monday through Friday.

Please let me know

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Unfortunately, those times don't fit me. What exactly are you trying to clarify? Because it's not the first time we broadcast dashboards or reports. If there we get no error after submitting a broadcast, how to understand where the issue is?

Üllar

photo

Hello Ullar Unt,

I apologize for the inconvenience.
Can you let me know when you're available to be called?

With the other team members who are available at that time, I can organize a call with you at your convenience.

Note: Please ensure that the dashboard you sent is active as well.
Here are a few links that will aid you in comprehending yellowfin broadcasts.
https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Broadcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYW-6wEYnfI

Please let me know how it goes

Regards,
Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Ullar Unt,

What we can determine at this time, Since the logs show no errors, it appears that everything is operating normally on our end, but since users are not receiving, their end must be blocked.

We may check a few things from our end, such as:
1. Is the user id external?
2. Verify that Dashboard is active.
3. User-side permissions issues might be, so they need to check from their side.

You can verify the above points and let me know

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Thanks! I talked with my colleague. She could join a call with you tomorrow, Thursday, at 23:00 pm IST. Is that ok for you? If yes, please send an invite.

Üllar

photo

Hello Ullar Unt,

Thanks for the confirmation

This meeting is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, at 23:00 IST.

To join the meeting, click the below link.

Click here to join the meeting

In case you require any changes, just let me know.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Thanks! From our side will be joining Linda.

Üllar

photo

Hello Ullar,

Great! Thanks for informing.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Ular Unt,

On a call, we changed the email size to 100.

One thing we saw during the call discussion is that the overall amount of memory used by JVM is not sufficient.
Increasing that could therefore resolve the broadcast issue.
The URL is provided below for your reference.
https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/what-is-jvm-max-memory-and-why-should-i-care
Yellowfin Performance Tuning or Monitoring you may alsofollow steps for performance tuning if the issue still persist after increasing JVM memory also.

If the problem still exists after taking the steps above, we must also need to review the complete log details with time stamp and info_threads.jsp (http://hostURL/info_threads.jsp).

It would be great if you could provide us with the log information and info_threads.jsp details so we can investigate the issue further.

Thanks!

Regards,
Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Ular Unt,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Yes, I have read it, and we are trying to implement those. Will keep you updated.

Üllar

photo

Hi Yamini,

It seems the issue has been solved for now. I will close the ticket but in any case we will need some support, will re-open it again. Thanks!

Üllar

photo

Hello Ullar,

Thank you for your response. Happy to hear that your issue has been resolved.
For the time being, I am closing this ticket. If it is necessary, you are welcome to reopen it or create a new one.

Happy to help

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

Leave a Comment

Attach a file