Improved table date conditions at view level (Condition Builder)

Stefan Hall shared this idea 15 months ago
Idea Logged

You write in the documentation itself: "is useful to limit the result set in a view by a data condition. For example to return only the last 90 days data." and then offers two quite primitive possibilities.
1 concrete date
2 +/- x days

1 is not very dynamic and 2 shifts with the date information but does not cover the possibilities of date filters in reports.

Suggestion
Adopt the already existing date filters from reporting to offer large data sets to users in a restricted way.

Business Case:
We want our customers to be able to view at most the content since the beginning of last year in reports. Of course, the users can restrict it comfortably in the report itself, but data security looks different. We need/want to prevent access to older data.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Stefan,

I understand that we are trying to apply a condition at view level(Model) to restrict the data (for security reasons) - as in the below sceenshot:

71e316f999dc620a0253e60025923a24

To me that works fine.

Could you please provide more information in the statement : "2 shifts with the date information but does not cover the possibilities of date filters in reports."

May be screenshot/screen recording outline the exact possibilities that are not being covered when we use option 2 but are covered when we don't? It would really help. Because at report level, I see everything as expected(please refer to screenshots below):

8d8b00008446420a0bbe03d843e29969

Warm Regards,

Deepak

photo

Hi Deepak,

calculations with a rigid +/- days is a good first approach. But I would like to have only the records since the beginning of the last year in the view (as an example).

This is the only way for me as administrator to make sure that the report writers definitely cannot select data that is too old. These fexible options are missing completely.

;) Stefan

photo

Hi Stefan,

I have logged an enhancement request with the wider team to review the possibility of implementing this at view level.

We may follow this post for any updates on this.

Warm Regards,

Deepak

photo

thank you very much, let's wait and see if something improves

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file