Graphic Alignment Features

anqi shared this idea 15 months ago
Idea Logged

Hi all! I just want to confirm YF can do all the graphic alignment features as what ppt offers

Replies (11)

photo

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out,

We have few article on graphic and design feature Yellowfin support.

Design | Yellowfin BI

Above article gives and overview on custom objects and custom dashboard design.

We also have information on what feature yellowfin have in terms of graphics or creation like ppt. I hope below link helps.

Yellowfin Dashboards - Yellowfin Guide 9 - Global Site (yellowfinbi.com)

Yellowfin dashboards provide support for multiple types of content objects including reports, filters, interactive buttons, images, text, shapes and icons, along with support for custom coded widgets to incorporate any functionality directly into the dashboard.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hello Kevin,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hello Kevin,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nishant,

The specific feature that would be really useful is alignment of objects. So in Powerpoint we can select text/objects/graphs, and align it like this:

db21c81379c385549685309c5701c8b7

757a32976f8b08478e430feac023de3a

We're not seeing any menu to achieve this within Yellowfin Dashboards

b79a7f83408d0024a532b173f2ffd41f

Thanks,

Kevin

photo

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the response,

We have replicated this and found something similar to this.

326d4147710d51edf219cfaf184524cc

Above we have recreated this and to align an object we can also use size and location option where we can change Width and Height manually.

However, we can also align it by selecting an object border. Also, to get the share properties, we need to select particular object then we can do the changes as required.

Dashboard Graphics - Yellowfin Guide 9 - Global Site (yellowfinbi.com)

Above wiki link gives more overview on graphics.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nishant,

Needing to manually set the location works but it is quite tedious and troublesome to calculate the correct numbers for each position, especially if we have many things to align. As well, alignment seems to be a standard feature in other software we are using, so it's surprising that Yellowfin doesn't support it.

Can we request this feature? To have Align Left, Align Center, etc. buttons. Thanks.

Kevin

photo

Hello Kevin,

I hope all is well,

We would like to have remote session with you based on your availability. I'm available 9 PM to 6 AM IST till Friday. Please confirm your availability so, I can send to meeting invite.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hello Kevin,

I hope all is well,

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hello Kevin,

I hope all is well,

Also, you can refer below screenshot to Align the graphics Left, Center etc.

3d1309ec16bec8b3a17fa644061bc3dc

I hope that helps.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nishant,

Oh great I think that's exactly what we need! Is it possible to put a request to get this added to the Shape Properties menu? It is confusing that this is only visible when right-clicking and can't find it otherwise.

Kevin

photo

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the quick response,

I've logged this as an Idea for an Enhancement Request. Before becoming a request, ideas will be reviewed by our Product Team and chosen for Enhancements based on feasibility, level of positive impact to the user experience, and votes from the community. This post will be updated with any future information relevant to this process.

Regards

Nishant

Leave a Comment

Attach a file