Summaries not displaying decimal values.

Karthik Kannan shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi Yellowfin Team,

Summaries in the yellowfin not displaying the values with decimal places.

Please refer the screenshot. we are using yellowfin 7.3.

Thanks in Advance,

Karthik K

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Karthick,

I hope all is well,

I have looked into this further and I can see that this is expected behaviour and I would expect this to be rounded up due to decimals possibly having too many numbers following this... therefore resulting in a report summary not very appealing to the eye.

Further to this I found that this issue has been raised before and as of yet the only option we have for this is to hover over the report summary to see a tooltip showing the full/correct number. I hope this is ok and I look forward to your reply. See image;

c1b6df26bfc549bbda0a33017139bff2

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Karthick,

I just want to touch base and see if my response was helpful. If you can get back to me I would appreciate this greatly. I look forwards to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

It displaying the decimal values on mouse hover as tooltip as you said. But if it is displayed in the summary also. It would be more helpful.

Regards,

Karthik K.

photo
photo

Hi Karthick,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have since looked into this further and can see where having this option to show the full decimal values would be of a good help to what you want.

Thinking about what a Report Summary actually does, defeats the point, as a Report Summary allows for a row of summary information to be displayed without going into too much information as this would then look out of place from a design point of view. For example if we had a value of 31.111111111 this would be stretched across the report/dashboard.

I will look into this further to see where we stand with this, as this may be a case of raising this as an "Idea" so that the dev team can look into this request again instead of us having to use the "tooltip" as the only way of finding out the true value.

This aside I would like to suggest using our Canvas as an alternative to Report Summary, as this will produce some amazing results with a more personal touch. See below images showing how we can compare our standard Report Summary with our Canvas option;

Report Summary

2589beb5f401938cdc3009c41bf8497a

Canvas

9e6e38f8e3dd0c4c682a0b6c8932dce3

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Karthick,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base and question if you managed to read through my previous email/post. If you can get back to me asap I would appreciate this greatly as I would love to get some movement on this. I look look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Karthik,

It's been just under 2 weeks since I last heard from you, so with this I want to question whether or not my suggested option listed below was of any help? If you can please get back to me with a direction I would appreciate this greatly. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

The suggestion from your side are helpful. If this feature is added in the future release it will be more helpful. Now you many close this issue as answered.

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik K

photo

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for getting back to me, I am pleased I was able to help. I will now go ahead and mark this Problem as Resolved.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file