Sorting a Crosstab not working and Top/Bottom N Rank not working

Byron Burton shared this question 15 months ago
Answered

I had a simple report that I converted to a cross tab. In the original report I had a descending sort on a numeric field and an Advanced Function Top/Bottom N Rank Field that limited the display to 10 records. When I converted it to a crosstab the sort feature is gone, i cannot locate it, and it ignores the Top/Bottom N Rank field completely. how do i get it to work both for sorting and limiting the top 10 records?

/29790e13199ea208c4227b78dd6794a5

Replies (8)

photo

Hello Byron Burton,

Thank you for reaching out to the Yellowfin Support Team.

While we are investigating this issue, could you please let us know the exact version and build of Yellowfin you are currently using so that we can replicate the same and get back to you with the findings.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Yellowfin Version 9.0

I got the sort working.  Now I need the “Top/Bottom N Rank” to work.  Here some screen shots.  In this example the program should limit the results to 3 lines.  The 3 screenshots show the crosstab query setup.  Followed by the Advanced Metric set up for the “Top/Bottom N Rank”.  Followed by the results. 

Thanks

e7054bfa6b20c2ed240bec056ed295aa

240468a126227561bda2557a18a3b51e

d2e7de8afaba59d0d58168c2f84cd891

Byron Burton

UPS Innovation Center | Corporate Security

10 Upper Pond Road | Parsippany, NJ 07054

Phone: 201-828-6127 | Atlas: 5-283-6127

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in and accompanying this communication may be privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please delete and destroy all copies immediately.

Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2022 10:27 PM

To: Byron Burton <bburton@ups.com>

Subject: [EXTERNAL] New Comment in "Sorting a Crosstab not working and Top/Bottom N Rank not working"

CAUTION! This email originated outside of the organization. Please do not open attachments or click links from an unknown or suspicious origin.
photo

Hello Byron Burton,

As far as I can tell, the 9.0 version is not accessible because it is not returning any results.

Would you kindly provide the info.jsp page for version information?

Go to Administration>system information

You may view version information here; kindly share a screenshot of that page.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Byron Burton,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great. Thank you!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello,

We partner with a company called isight.  They use your product for analytics.  I have been unable to get the information you requested.  Is there any way you can proceed without it?

Byron Burton

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in and accompanying this communication may be privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please delete and destroy all copies immediately.

Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 03:51 AM

To: Byron Burton <bburton@ups.com>

Subject: [EXTERNAL] New Comment in "Sorting a Crosstab not working and Top/Bottom N Rank not working"

CAUTION! This email originated outside of the organization. Please do not open attachments or click links from an unknown or suspicious origin.
photo

Hello Byron Burton,

Sorry for the delayed response

In order to clarify a few things, we would like to schedule a remote session based on your availability.

I'm available from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. IST from Monday through Friday.

Please let me know

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

You can close this ticket.  I worked my way around it by creating 2 reports and putting them onto a dashboard

Happy Holidays

Byron Burton

photo

Hello Bryon,

I am closing this ticket as you requested.
You're welcome to reopen it if necessary.

Kind regard

Yamini Naidu

Leave a Comment

Attach a file