Date Formatting Option: dd.MM.yyyy

Guest shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

Date Format

• Default in Germany is dd.MM.yyyy. Is this something that could be added to formatting options list for dates?
  • When the dd.MM.yyyy date is exported to Excel this date is not valid or does not pass across correctly. (due to period separators?)
  • Default time format in Germany is HH:mm:ss with leading zero for the hour value. Is this something that could be added to the formatting options list?

Replies (13)

photo

Hi Carsten,

I'm going to use this Idea for point 1, the dd.MM.yyyy enhancement request, and create a separate ticket for 2, and a separate idea for point 3. Please note that as a current workaround you can 'Format' > 'Edit' by clicking the arrow next to the header of your valid Date column and change 'Date Format' to 'Other' and type in "dd.MM.yyyy" under Custom Date Format.

I've gone ahead and logged this as an idea and opened an enhancement request under 9809 for potential future development and will keep this post updated with further information regarding this case.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi,

is there already an appearance in prospect

photo

Hi Carsten,

I haven't heard anything on this yet. I'm chasing for an update update regarding this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Carsten,

I had a quick look at this one and to have the formats natively available (part of the drop down list) we would have to do an enhancement.

In lieu of that, you can use the custom formatting option to achieve both the dd.MM.yyyy date format and the HH:mm:ss time format.

I also made a report with both of these formats and exported to XLSX and the date format came across fine (this was in the newest 7.4 build).

Maybe there is a bug in the older version here.

Thanks,

Lesley

photo

Hi,

yes that is what we made at the time. But I it is laborious to insert this in every date field. So at the Moment we use time and set "dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm:ss" . We need this timeformat and this Format don't work in Excel.

So we Need a solution for that.

So we Need:

as timestamp: "dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm:ss"

as Date: "dd.MM.yyyy"

as Time: "HH:mm:ss"

photo

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the feedback. I've added this info from your most recent reply into our internal task. I'll let you know when I hear something else.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Team,

DateTime fields to be shown in the reports in German date-time format, which is for example 15.05.2021 17:43.

Just wanted to confirm if Default in Germany dd.MM.yyyy enhancement request has been considered in any of the latest releases?

Thanks,

Diwanshu

photo

Hi Diwanshu,

There is still no dropdown option for this format planned. The current method is still to use the custom formatting option and setting it to 'dd.MM.yyyy.'.

I've gone ahead and noted your interest in this idea in the internal task as well.

Regards,

Mike

photo

I want to note that the custom format option for dd.MM.yyyy is only available for dates, not for timestamps! And if you format a field (that reads a timestamp field from the DB) as a date, you lose the capability to filter on the time component!

photo

Hi Gerhard,

Thanks for letting me know. I've added this additional information to the enhancement.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Please seriously take care of this idea. OOb we can not create the format required with us.

Besides, it is very inconvenient to have to do it individually for each date field.

For date/time fields it is not possible at all. Thus YF violates a German, obligatory default. Not a good business card for an international player.

;) Stefan

photo

I've asked the team to take another look at implementing this feature for you guys.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Stefan,

Just doing some cleaning up of tickets here. It seems this one was implemented under another enhancement request.

In 9.8.2 new date formatting options were added: HH:mm, HH:mm:ss, HH:mm:ss.S, and dd.MM.yyyy!

I'll close this off, but let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file