When trying to change inputs in a menu bar e.g. chart size...

anqi shared this problem 2 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi

When trying to change inputs in a menu bar e.g. chart size and location within a canvas:

when i try to highlight e.g. the value in the chart width from right to left and if my mouse cursor moved to much to the left where it lands outside of the menu bar, YellowFin auto switches out from Chart properties menu bar to Canvas properties menu bar so I have to reclick back on the Chart properties to reselect the width text box and re-enter the values. Is there a way to fix that?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Emily,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Do you think you can supply either a short video demonstrating the behavior or just a couple screenshots displaying the before and after so I can see where in the application you're referring to?

Thanks,

Mike

photo

heres a video recording of it, where i was trying to edit the x position value for a chart by highlighting the value in the textbox, but my mouse cursor moved out of the Menu bar and it switched from Chart Properties to Canvas Properties

Files: YF.mp4
photo

Hi Emily,

I'm able to replicate this. I've gone ahead and logged a defect for this. In the meantime I've found that either double-clicking the value or selecting from left-to-right instead does not cause this to happen.

Any potential updates surrounding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

I see, great thanks

photo

Hi Emily,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Emily,

I hope all is well,

I come with an update with regards to this Defect Logged. This has since been implemented within our 9.8.1 20221216 that we released today. You can see our Announcement about this here. Release Notes to follow in the coming days.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file