Issue in editing views with firebird database.

Pratap Singh shared this problem 17 months ago
Resolved

Hi

While trying to edit a view with the firebird database it replicates the columns and gives an error, please have a look at the screenshot added in the attachment.

When we first publish the view it is fine but when it is edited it creates a new set of columns with the same name, it's strange but this is the issue with this specific database only.

Thanks & Regards

Pratap

Replies (12)

photo

/560c79b130212d6a16ac76223a739f4a

photo

Hi Pratap,

Thanks for reaching out.

It looks like database tables are constantly being replaced/changed, which be causing the issue in YF view builder. If the tables are created with the exact same name (case inclusive) we shouldn't be seeing these warnings.

Could you please let me know, were these changes were done while Yellowfin was running (may be a report was running in YF/broadcast while the changes were made? ).

When did it first happen?? Now, do we have same table/field names in db when the view was initially created?

Thanks,

Deepak

photo

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for responding, this case is replicating with any table available in db. Table structure is not being changed, when we create view first time using one table it is fine as soon going to edit the view it is giving these duplicate columns.

Seems like it is reading the columns differently 2nd time which is causing this issue.

I understand that change column/table structure may cause this but there is no change at db side .

Thanks & Regards

Pratap

photo
photo

Hi Pratap,

I have installed Firebird server on my local instance, and running it as windows service:

/d7ff685671fa430e94e12fb8505b9472

And used Jaybird 4.0.6 for Java 8 / JDBC 4.2 drivers to connect to Firebird's default tables employee.fdb (Firebird\Firebird_3_0\examples\empbuild). I have then created views on this data source, and edit them multiple times but everything seems to be working as expected:

/15b9c670fd5cd7bba06edbbe01c24002

Could you please check if the data source connection is fine?

/70d2155ad46b2f7ede884c40f7d74d28

and also please share logs from the Yellowfin/appserver/logs to see if we have any error messages. (Kindly compress and upload the file to FTP: https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/ and help me with the name of the file uploaded and also the exact timestamp at which the issue was replicated).

Thanks,

Deepak

photo

Hi Deepak,

I have uploaded the log files with name logs (1).zip, please see the logs with the latest timestamp.

Thanks & Regards

Pratap

photo
photo

Hi Pratap,

After looking at the logs, I see the following errors:

YF:2022-11-02 08:30:59.091:ERROR (DBUtil) - [41] [F6D964A5] [/MIPreViewEdit.i4] No columns returned for table: TAV_VA_VAMFG_M_WORKCENTER in schema: null sourceId: 128996

YF:2022-11-02 08:30:59.132:ERROR (MIViewProcess) - [41] [F6D964A5] [/MIPreViewEdit.i4] View test_1(138556) was being loaded and the available field list was empty. Aborting with Inconsistency Error.

YF:2022-11-02 08:30:59.133:ERROR (MIViewProcess) - [41] [F6D964A5] [/MIPreViewEdit.i4] Inconsistency Error detected. Aborting to maintain View integrity.

I think YF has sent a query to retrieve columns from this table in firebird db, but unable to fetch any. Not sure why this would happen. Could you please let me know if can create a fresh data source connection to firebird and create a new view and see if its still the same?

Can we enable DEBUG logging temporarily as outlined here to get more information when we reproduce the error again on a fresh ds connection and share the logs folder.

And can we check just incase if we have any DISCONNECTED fields in the YF cofig db. Please refer to the article(Step 3): https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/how-to-fix-fields-missing-from-step-2-of-view-builder-and-reports

Thanks,

Deepak

photo

Hi,

we got the following response from the customer.

"We don't have some DISCONNECTED fields, but not for this new connection and the new view we created now."

Sent latest log files on FTP with name File_17112022-014051.zip

Regards

Pratap

photo

Hi Pratap,

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any errors related to firebird data source connections. Could you please confirm if these logs were captured after replicating the error? If yes, kindly help me with the timestamp. If not, please replicate the error again and share the debug logs along with timestamp.

Best Regards,

Deepak

photo
photo

Hi Pratap,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Were you able to create a fresh data source connection to firebird and create a new view? And also please let me know if can grab the requested DEBUG logs.

Regards,

Deepak

photo

Hi Deepak,

This was the response we have received from customer.

"Yes, I started up YF on my local machine with DEBUG logs enabled. Then I recreated the error: Created a new view and then tried to modfy it. After this I shut donw YF and sent you the generated logs. So the complete logs shloud contain only the replicated error."

The logs sent earlier were after enabling debug mode.

Let me check if we can get link access. so can check directly.

Thanks & Regards

Pratap

photo
photo

Hi Pratap,

Yes, the logs shared previously does have DEBUG logging enabled but I couldn't find any errors related to data source/UI error message.(May be the shared logs are not complete?)

Could you please help me with the timestamp at which the error was replicated? (A screen recording reproducing the error would also help) Once the issue is replicated, we can then take note of the timestamp and then share the entire logs folder to FTP and provide the name. Also, in the previously shared logs file( 'File_17112022-014051.zip'), also it looks like the source.logs are missing which may have errors related to this Firebird source. (Kindly send through the entire logs folder).

Please let me know if we can discuss this over a call. I am usually available between 9-5 AEDT(Melbourne Time)

Warm Regards,

Deepak

photo

Hi Deepak,

We have tried to get on a call with the customer to showcase the issue, we are not having direct access to servers.

Please do join the call if available at the mentioned time. If not I will have a discussion and record it for your reference.

Time: Dec 28, 2022, 12:30 PM India, 8: AM CET, 5:00 PM AEST
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/86802398887?pwd=M2tZbllQZFpFN01uOEUyQi9obGlDdz09
Meeting ID: 868 0239 8887

Thanks & Regards
Pratap

photo

Hi Pratap,

Unfortunately, I have missed and couldn't make it to the meeting yesterday. Anyway we are on day light saving( AEDT = IST + 5:30hrs).

Could you please let me know if we could see any new findings? and also if we could grab the fresh DEBUG logs after replicating the issue + timestamp. And it would be great if you could also share the recording while reproducing the error.

Thanks,

Deepak

photo

Hi Pratap,

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Deepak

photo

Hi Pratap,

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Deepak

photo

Hi Pratap,

I hope things are going well with you.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Deepak Chaganti

photo

Hi Pratap,

I hope things are going well with you.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Deepak Chaganti

Leave a Comment

Attach a file