Divide number not working

Heng Yu shared this question 16 months ago
Answered

Hello

I used sum function to get the total number and using the Simple formula in Calculated Field to get the percentage value. However, it returns 0.

/22c437105d247f8dfed11a09f8224c3b

the Formula is "SUM ( A_COUNT ) / SUM ( Total Number of All working )"

The Total Number of working contains 0, so I also tried using the Formula

"CASE WHEN Total Number of All working != 0 THEN A_COUNT / Total Number of All working END", but still not correct?

/2da208f87cad7ef7e01667faaa714ff9

So how can I get the right value for Number of A / Total Number of working?

The Yellowfin version is 9.7.0.3, and the Build is 20211215

Thanks

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Heng,

Thank you for contacting yellowfin support . We will replicate this issue and get back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hello Heng,

I have replicated this issue with this formula "SUM ( A_COUNT ) / SUM ( Total Number of All working )" and I'm getting the required results.

/b54e8d792fcca914056b4c737183d7de

And I have observed that you have used a separate metrics A_COUNT in the place of Number of A. So could you please try placing this metrics in the formula "SUM ( A_COUNT ) / SUM ( Total Number of All working )".

The result data that we get in a Calculated field will depends on the data in the metrics.

Let me know if this works for you. Please revert back if any queries, happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hello Priya,

Thanks for your response, but it still gets 0 or even I tried using the formula as 13/123, it still returns 0.00.

/9f11af6ace0b923ad61a6f1451696db0

If it is possible, we can have a meeting

Thanks

photo

Hello Heng,

I hope you are doing well.

Could you please let me know your availability so that we can roll out a meeting invite for the remote session.

I'm accessible from 6 am to 3 pm IST, Monday through Friday.

Thanks!

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

I am available from 1pm to 3pm CST today and 10 am to 3 pm CST Friday

Thanks!

photo

Hello Heng,

Thank you for the confirmation. I've scheduled this meeting at 10:00 am CST Friday. Please use this link to join.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hello Chegudi,

We can cancel the meeting and close this ticket.

I just figured out how to get the result. I used the following formula "SUM ( C_COUNT ) * 1.000000 / SUM ( Total )", then can get the correct result.

Thanks.

photo

Hello Heng,

Glad to here that you got a proper Formula ,Thank you for confirming for the closure .

Please revert back if any queries, happy to assist you further.

Good Day!

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file