Color mapping with reference codes in graph with multiple series

Willem Wagteveld shared this question 16 months ago
Answered

Hi all,

I am trying to apply color mapping with reference codes on a graph with multiple series.

The graph combines a bar chart and a line chart, to be exact. The data contains of a series of values per month and per company entity. The reference codes are mapped according to the company entity. For example, company entity 1 relates to the color blue and company entity 2 relates to the color red.

The objective is that the color of the bar chart and the color of the line chart are defined by the reference code, which in turn is based on the company entity. In the end we would like to use a filter and be able to switch between these graphs with different colors. However, Yellowfin shows that the color references are not applicable to this graph type. Can anyone provide me with assistance to make this work?

Kind regards,

Willem Wagteveld

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Willem Wagteveld

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support

Please let us know exactly what version and build of Yellowfin you are currently running as we look into this issue so that we can reproduce it and get back to you with our findings. Kindly also include screenshots as we need these to help us with our investigation.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Siddhartha,

We use version 9.7.. Appended you can find a screenshot of regarding our question.

Kind regards,

Willem

photo
photo

Hi Willem Wagteveld

Thank you for your response. I'm trying to replicate this in my environment as I look at yours. I'll get back to you with my research soon.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Heng Yu

Sorry for the delay in replying to your previous message. Thank you for your response. I took the same activity again in my test environment. I chose a combination of charts, and under the Series Settings menu, I could modify the colours of both charts. For your reference, kindly see the screenshot I've supplied.

/13c9fb2d5ab057bb1912257ad7399909

/72ee8703ac7805678c972c78309e9b1f

/c840ea04910492c6d39f0331d24fce54

/dacccd8c1549d4c9109b29f90bd04a96

Is this what you are looking for. Please let us know if anything else comes up that we can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Siddhartha,

First of all, thank you for your help thus far.

However, this is not exactly what we are looking for. The graph type is indeed correct, but we are looking an option to color the chart series based on reference codes. Appended you can find an example of color references codes that we would like to use in our graph with multiple series.

Is it clear what we mean?

Best,

Willem

photo

Hi Willem Wagteveld

Thank you for your response. In combination charts colour option is only available if you have a cross tab data set available and is used to determine the colour applied for cross tab series data.

I would like to recommend you to go through the below link because it has all the information about file combine charts. (https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/USER74/Combination+Charts)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Willem Wagteveld

Hope everything is good.

I just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to see my response. It would be great if you could let me know.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Willem Wagteveld

I hope all is well,

I'll go ahead and mark this question as answered. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Regards

Siddhartha

Leave a Comment

Attach a file