Timeout in xlsx report exports

Joan Poblet shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

We are experiencing some problems in the exportation of medium-sized reports, giving a server timeout:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request POST /MIReportOutput.i4.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

For instance, it happens to a report with 5.000 rows.

On the one hand, we have raised an internal ticket to our Systems team to check if the server is properly configured.

But, on the hand, could you please give us any hint to avoid this kind of issue?

Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Joan.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Joan,

Thanks for getting in touch here, sorry to learn that you're seeing these issues. Unfortunately, there isn't really much that I can contribute here without a good helping of additional information. I'm happy to pursue this issue in parallel to your Systems team, or we can wait to approach the Yellowfin side until after a report is received from them to make sure we're not doing duplicate work. If you could let me know which way you would like to proceed, that would be great, thanks!

Best,

-Conner

photo

Hi Conner,

It makes sense. We will wait for the report from my colleagues and then we will decide next actions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Joan.

photo

Hi Conner,

My colleagues have just fixed the problem. The application server was running since two weeks and it looks like its performance was very bad. So, after restarting it, everything is ok.

You can close the ticket.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Joan.

photo

Hi Joan,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that things are going well again! I'll go ahead and close this one. Have a good weekend!

Thanks,

-Conner

Leave a Comment

Attach a file