Keyboard shortcuts for navigation/editing

anqi shared this question 16 months ago
Answered

Are there any keyboard hotkeys/shortcuts for navigation/editing (e.g. sometime Enter doesn't work to save or open or confirm)?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Kevin,

I hope all is well and apologies for the delay in responding. Going forward with this I can't see of any keyboard shortcuts for navigation/editing within Yellowfin.

I can see that this has been raised before, we can see that we have an Idea Ticket here which questions the option of "accept keyboard input to jump to the first dimension that starts with the typed-in letter"

We can also see another Idea Ticket here questioning "Pressing 'Enter' key should activate my 'Go' on report and dashboard filters. Would be a really handy shortcut."

Let me know your thoughts on this, happy to discuss further to see what options we have going forward.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Kevin,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response, if you can let me know that would be great :-)

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark, thanks for the feedback. A few key shortcuts we specifically want to request (not covered by the above ideas):

• on this page, when i have a file selected, i would expect to be able to press arrow keys up and down to move to other files
    /860b7a899fb6b1e96d33c6b240705d51
  • as well, i would want to be able to Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V to duplicate reports
  • one bottleneck as well is even to duplicate reports/views via right-click menu right now, it forces you to enter the editing page instead of just creating a copy

Kevin

photo

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have gone ahead and raised this with our development team. For further updates/tracking please use this ticket.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file