Ability to add same report to storyboard twice

Sebastian Vogt shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

Dear YF Support Team!

I would like to bring an enhancement request of the old YF forum (TASK # 150579) into this YF community in order to get the latest update:

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/YFForum-Adding-the-same-report-to-a-storyboard-a-number-of-times-thread-150463

---Original Enhancement Idea by Tom---

[...] you can only add a report to a storyboard once it seems, but I would like to add it multiple times preferably without duplicating the report. I know you can filter storyboards, but I’d like a report by a specific filter and some text associated with the results for the filter in question so that implies that I need to insert the same report a few times to filter per group.

---Original Enhancement Idea by Tom---

The latest status from december 2013 ("Unallocated") was mentioned by David in his post:

Adding-the-same-report-to-a-storyboard-a-number-of-times-150463-26822

Because we are currently planning to implement a yearly monitoring reporting with the help of YF storyboards, we really need this feature to be implemented because duplicating all the reports is not an option for us.

Thus, what is the current status of this enhancement request? Is there any possibility to get this feature implemented in a future build?

Thank you very much & kind regards

Sebastian

Best Answer
photo

Hi Sebastian!

I hope you're doing well :) I've got some mixed news for you here. Long story short is that this is not immediately pending on the roadmap. However, this functionality is slated to be included with the complete rewrite of Storyboard that we have planned. Currently, the Storyboard rewrite is slated to be included in a major release coming sometime in the first half of 2018. I have gone ahead and reiterated this in our internal system, and have assigned it a new ID number: YFN-7334. Please refer to this new ID when inquiring about this one in the future.

I'm sorry if this wasn't the best news, but hopefully you're happy to learn that we'll be totally redoing Storyboard in the near future! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

-Conner

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Sebastian!

I hope you're doing well :) I've got some mixed news for you here. Long story short is that this is not immediately pending on the roadmap. However, this functionality is slated to be included with the complete rewrite of Storyboard that we have planned. Currently, the Storyboard rewrite is slated to be included in a major release coming sometime in the first half of 2018. I have gone ahead and reiterated this in our internal system, and have assigned it a new ID number: YFN-7334. Please refer to this new ID when inquiring about this one in the future.

I'm sorry if this wasn't the best news, but hopefully you're happy to learn that we'll be totally redoing Storyboard in the near future! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Hi Connor,

thank you very much for your feedback! We are indeed happy to learn that you will rewrite Storyboards within the YF code in the near future. Thanks to your feedback we are able to adapt our plan using storyboards more frequently for our monitoring reports in the future.

Thank you for your efforts & kind regards

Sebastian

photo

Hi Sebastian,

You're welcome! I'm going to set the status of this item to 'Idea Logged', so that it can be tracked alongside our internal ID number.

Thanks, have a good weekend!

-Conner

photo

Hi Yellowfin Team,

Unforetunatly I cannot find YFN-7334 anymore. Do you know if this idea is already changed with the storyboard rewriting?

Regards

Matthias

photo

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for checking in on this Idea. With the new Yellowfin Present in version 9, it is possible to add multiple copies of a report to a Presentation, using independent filters for each copy of the report. A couple of notes here on configuration:

1. You must choose to not link the filters when adding the report copies.
  2. You must set the applied filter on each report to "Set current values as default" to ensure the report runs as expected during the Presentation.

Please let us know if you have any questions on this.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file