Export Storyboard via the API?

Veronika Lackner shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

Hi,

Is it possible to export storyboards via the API? If we send a GETCONTENTS request to the AdministrationService API, many objects are listed (Views, Reports, Dashboards..) but no storyboards.

We can export storyboards using the browser, so this left us wondering if it is not possible via the API.

Thank you for your help.

Veronika

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Veronica,

Yup, this should be possible.

We have a consultant writing up some web service guides/examples as we speak, which will hopefully be on the wiki in a few days.

Once they're up I can link you to the relevant article/example for this :).

Sorry for the delays on this.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thank you for your answer and your help. I would appreciate if you could send me the article if it is available.

Regards,

Veronika

photo

Ok well I was wrong! It cannot be done currently.

I've converted this to an idea and raise enhancement in our system.

This is something that will need to be reviewed soonish, as we're in the process of revamping dashboards/storyboards for the next major release :) .

Until then there may not be much movement.

Is this something deemed critical for content migration? Are you able to export/import storyboards using the UI in the interim?

Sorry for the inconvenience on this.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Okay thank you for this information.

We thought so but luckily it is not that urgent. My colleague just tried out the API and was wondering why the storyboards are not included.

Our first version for our costumers can be without the storyboards.

I would be glad if you could keep me up to date.

Best regards,

Veronika

photo

Yeah apologies for this.

We will definitely keep you in the loop on changes. Thanks for understanding. Please let us know if there was anything else you were after.

Regards,

David

photo
photo

Hi Veronika,

I hope all is well,

As you are aware this has not had any movement in the recent years since you initially submitted this ticket. Going forward I don't believe this is something we will consider. Why might you ask... Since the launch of version 9, we replaced Storyboards with Present, although one can still view Storyboard content having upgraded to 9, you will not be able to create.

077a1cffe473d4e6b4e8c2d29dc119da

cd160991f36ef40f866ae7c9888a5030

You can find more information about Present below, along with another alternative called Stories:

Let me know your thoughts on this with how we can handle this request.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

thanks for the information about storyboards and the functions which are now used.

As we now working with yellowfin since 2017 and none of my clients have used storyboard till now I think we can close this idea.

Kind Regards,

Veronika

photo

Hi Veronika,

Thank you for getting back to me and updating me with where we stand.

I will mark this as Completed.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file