Display filter values being used on a report

Veronika Lackner shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Allow for filter values to be obfuscated from the displayed filter string on a report.

For example a report is filtered by time but the string shows not only the filter but other defined filters on the report

I would like to be able to set this to only show selected filter values

/c39e994f8b2ab2433c7ba800b49e4a11

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Pratiksha

I'll look into this and get back to you. We might be able to raise this as an enhancement request!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

It looks like this has been requested before! I'll update the Jira enhancement request to say it's been requested again. You can use this post to track the idea.

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/display-filter-values-being-used-on-a-report

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response.

May I have the idea ID /RFE ID ?

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

The id for this task is 15192.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hi Veronika,

I hope all is well,

Myself and Lesley have since looked at this of which we believe this is now an option within our version that we tested in; 9.8.0.1 20221005. Please see below for more information.

As you can see from the below image, the Filter Values are on show with what Filters have been applied. This is the default expected behaviour.

84607e656331c71a015e6365980502b6

Navigating to the Filter Formatting allows us to have the option to display/hide the Filter of our choice. In my image below I have chosen to hide Athlete Region. We can then see the results of this within the Filter Legend/String.

e7f7b3e501783b9227623c0b9652216c

08e251ca9594db9ac4e2c0e6c945d232

Would this be the option that the Idea indicates? Let me know :-)

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

many thanks for this quick update.

Sounds like the option I am looking for.

As soon as I am able to download the release 9.8 I will test this and will get back in touch.

Regards,

Veronika

photo

Hi Veronika,

Thank you for getting back to me. I will mark this as Awaiting Reply, and await your feedback on this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

I have now upgraded to 9.8.0.1 from 20221005 and there I have tested the mentioned functionality.

It works. You can deactivate those filter which should not been shown at the report-page.

But this option does not work for Parameters. I have set 3 numeric parameters in each view and 3 date parameters.

For those parameters you can not choose if you want to show the value or not. It is always shown but I think this will be okay for our clients.

Kind regards,

Veronika

photo

Hi Veronika,

Thank you for getting back to me. I am pleased part of this works with being able to hide the Filters that are applied albeit the parameters not working. Going forward I will still leave this as an open issue (Enhancement) with the development team.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

many thanks for your response and the idea of leaving this issue as enhancement for the development team.

Regards,

Veronika

photo

Hi Veronika,

Thank you for confirming. I will also raise this with Lesley to see what options we have going forward.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file