Report Records That Are Missing A Specific Related Record

Frank Caruso shared this question 17 months ago
Completed

I need to create a report that shows records that are missing a specific related record. I have to two tables. Table A is the main record and Table B contains related records. Table A can relate to many Table B records, and Table B records can be 1 of 5 different types. I need to find out which Table A records are missing a specific Table B type. My current view is an Outer join between Table A and Table B.

My filter is for all Table A records that do not have a specific Table record type but what gets returned are all of the other related Table B records for the Table A Record. I believe this is because of the Outer join, but making it an inner join returns no records. I was able to create an Append query to Table B and get a count of Table B records for a specific type, but then couldn't just show the main records without a count <1; all records and the ones without the relationship type show NULL in the count column.

Is this possible to do with my current setup?

Thank you.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Frank,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question. This type of content creation question is technically out of scope for the support team but I will try to get around to doing some testing on your behalf if I get some free time. I'll also leave this open to public comment.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Frank,

Just wanted to check in to see if you were still seeking assistance with this; if you had a source DB backup and a YFX of what you heave currently I may be able to get something to devs on this.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Frank,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed due to inactivity at this time. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,
Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file