Unlinking chart from filter

anqi shared this question 16 months ago
Answered

Hi,

I'm trying to generate a report with three charts - one trended line graph, and two numeric displays. I have a time filter that I want to use only on the numeric displays. Applying the filter normally would just destroy my trended graph and only display one datapoint of the filtered down time period (as expected). Is there any way to achieve filtering on specific charts only on YF reports?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Yan Duan

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support

Could you kindly provide screen shots as well as the exact version and build of Yellowfin you are currently using while we investigate this issue so that we can duplicate it and get back to you with the results?.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hey Sid,

here's a screenshot of what I am trying to achieve - trended line graph & numeric values. Right now the numeric value doesn't make sense bcz it's an aggregate of all time periods shown in the trended graph./40e09fda904b9b3cde55f4cb5879a5ee

Application Version:9.7.0.3
Build:20211215
photo
photo

Hi Yan Duan

Thank you for your response. I'm trying to replicate this in my environment as I look at yours. I'll get back to you with my research soon.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Yan Duan

Sorry for the delay in replying to your previous message. I repeated the identical activities in my test environment to show that when a filter is applied to a graph, both of the numeric fields change simultaneously. Unfortunately, applying a filter to a specific graph is not a possibility. A new chart must be made if the filter is to be applied to a specific graph.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Sid,

When you said a new chart must be made for the filter to be applied to a specific graph, you meant a new report right? Because filters seem to be report-wide. Is there no work around that would allow me to unlink filters in one single report canvas? If so, can you submit this as an idea?

photo
photo

Hi Yan Duan

We can archive for this by adding a sub-query field to the report. It is possible to use this to apply a filter on a certain graph. Please look at the screen photos I've included below. /b24596fdfad09a9785fbd6830f3f6240

/ee0f6b17ce01dacc035a44b069bf71fc

Using append sub query, I am able to apply a filter on a particular graph. I would like to recommend you to go through the below link because it has all the information about Append sub query.

(https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Sub+Queries)

(https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Append+Sub+Query)

If there is anything else that you need our assistance with, do let us know.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Yan Duan

Hope everything is good

I just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to see my response. It would be great if you could let me know.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Yan Duan

Hope everything is good.

I just wanted to let you know, since there has been no response to my previous replies, I will be marking this ticket as closed due to inactivity. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Regards

Siddhartha

Leave a Comment

Attach a file