Currency connector

YF Distributor South Africa shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Hi All,

One of our customers is in need of a currency connector/plug in for working with prices and currencies, enabling conversions between currencies, and retrieving the latest exchange rates.

We checked the Yellowfin market place and cannot to seem to find one, is there a connector that you know of or that you can recommend to us?

Kind regards,

Kevin

Best Answer
photo

Hi Kevin,

Just a little update with the CData side of things that I mentioned. We have officially launched this;

cdec7efb94975d5134a2c5aab66998cf

Yellowfin Launches Certified CData Connectors

Yellowfin Data Connectors

This may be of help.

Regards,

Mark

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Kevin,

I hope all is well,

I am not aware of any Currency Connectors (plugin) that are available, however I have been made aware of some developments within the wider team that might help in this situation.

Let me reach out to my team this morning to get some additional information. I will then update you come the end of the day :-)

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Kevin,

So I have discussed this with the wider team and as of yet the only connectors available are with what we have available within the marketplace, however I did obtain the below information if this helps:

"I do see one suggestion made in the past was to "use a new table and an external PHP/cron job to update that table, then you can point Yellowfin to the table and do some basic calculations between currencies (just numbers)." I don't have any more information/context surrounding that, however, and the person who offered that as an option is no longer here, but it is one idea that might have more meaning to you.

The other possibility I can think of as a potential option would be utilising Custom Formatters, which you can read about on the corresponding Wiki page here. If you look at the Custom Formatter Code Examples page as well, you'll see there's an example there for CurrencyFormatter.java, which may be used to output different numerical values to different currency prefixes."

With this my only recommendations would be to take a look through CDATA.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Kevin,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Please see the comment from the customer:

Thanks,

But I don’t think this is what we are needing as it seems to be talking more to format so showing the currency symbol against numeric values. I need to the day to day currency conversion rates that I can use to convert local country currency such as Botswana Pula to USD.”

Kind regards,

Kevin

photo

Hi Kevin,

As it stands we don't have anything of this capability within our Marketplace. As this is third party I would only recommend looking through CDATA to see if anything within that can be of any assistance.

Going forward with this I have reached out to the wider team to see if they have any advice with what options we have with this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Kevin,

It's been 6 days since my last response, with this I just want to touch base to see where we stand with this issue raised. If you can get back to me that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the response, I did forward it to the client while we await for feedback from your team.

Kind regards,

Kevin

photo

Hi Kevin,

Just a little update with the CData side of things that I mentioned. We have officially launched this;

cdec7efb94975d5134a2c5aab66998cf

Yellowfin Launches Certified CData Connectors

Yellowfin Data Connectors

This may be of help.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Kevin,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if the information provided is of any assistance? If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Kevin,

I hope all is well,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this as Answered, however please feel free to reply back with any additional questions.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file