Adding calculated column as a bar in chart

Dominic Eves shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Hi,

I have a simple bar chart with description along the bottom and count on the vertical axis.

I also have a calculated field I'd like to use as an additional row and include is as a bar on the chart.

The calculated field I'd like to show as a bar is the sum of a couple of the bars to give a total. It isn't a sum of all the bars.

Is this possible? It seems like calculated fields are mostly for columns and not rows to add extra bar data in.

Thanks,

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Dominic Eves

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support

Could you kindly provide screen shots as well as the exact version and build of Yellowfin you are currently using while we investigate this issue so that we can duplicate it and get back to you with the results?.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi,

The exact version is: 9.8.0.1

I've attached a screenshot. So there are currently 9 columns, I'd like to add a 10th in which is a calculation of two of the others added together.

Thanks,

photo

Hi Dominic Eves

Thank you for your response. I'm trying to replicate this in my environment as I look at yours. I'll get back to you with my research soon.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Dominic Eves

Sorry for the delay in replying to your previous message. I'm attempting to duplicate your problem in my test environment, where there is a small amount of misunderstanding regarding the calculated field. kindly give more screenshots of your report and calculated field so that we can replicate it..

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi,

I've been able to work round it by putting a union into the SQL and adding the row myself.

Thanks

photo

Hi Dominic Eves

Thank you for your response. That's great to hear! If that's all good, I'll go ahead and mark this as complete.

Regards

Siddhartha

Leave a Comment

Attach a file