Bar graphs data label to show percentage

anqi shared this idea 16 months ago
Idea Logged

Hi all,

I'm struggling to have the chart builder display data labels as a percentage rather than decimals. My data has already been formatted into percentages. It doesn't seem like there's a field under data label formatting that would allow me to change the number format there. Does anyone know the secrete to have percentage data labels on bar graphs?

Replies (9)

photo

Hello Yan,

Thank you for contacting Yellowfin Support.

I have replicated this issue in my test environment and I got the required results .

Please select Format to Percentage and Decimal place to 0 in Column formatting.

/b4a2a9f8ba7c529720ef209bac916c06

/f636f8a9b83b9fe2350dc21db2f8db9d

/1a2c2abf6ca53d58041334c4215a5a11

Please go to the Axis settings and choose the Vertical axis and add "%" as the Suffix:

/6b0d2e6fcc9d52289880ef7e81126123

Let me know if it works for you and Please revert back if you have any queries.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hi Priya,

I believe you are addressing the axis label, while I was talking about data labels. How can I show %s on the data label? The numbers shown on the bar graph below. /16e0b15a275af848ce7f07bd68585f50

photo

Hello Yan,

Apologies for that could you please select Format to Numeric and Decimal place to 0or 3or 2 as per you requirement in Column formatting and change the suffix to %

/4a097ff7abf8ea4bf40c38883d269259

When I have replicated this issue in my environment i have got these results.

If we give the Decimal place to 3 :

/4468f451cfedaea1d570cc024cf583b6

If we give Decimal place to 0:

/7fc5b86f9a2e0f015e0176a0cf8194ae

Let me know if it works for you and Please revert back if you have any queries.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hi Priya,

No this does not solve the issue. My numbers are supposed to be 0.96, aka 96%. Doing it like what you suggested makes them show up as 1%, because YF treats it as 0.96%. While I could multiply the column by 100 and then add the suffix, it significantly increases the manual work I have to do in creating calculated fields. So this would not be a sustainable solution.

/0263c2cfd307bb22d84e4eca6f925c31

photo
photo

Hello Yan,

We would like to investigate the reported issues in detail. Can we discuss this in a distant meeting earlier this week ?

Please let me know your availability so that we can roll out a meeting invite for the same.

Best Wishes,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hi Priya,

I can call Nov 14 - 16 between 1-2pm eastern time.

photo
photo

Hello Yan,

I hope you are doing well.

Thank you for confirming .I've scheduled this meeting on Nov 14 ,1:30pm eastern time. Please use this link to join.

Best Wishes,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hello Yan,

Thank you for your time over remote session, Could you please let us know exact version/build that you are currently using .

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hey Pryia,

Application Version:9.7.0.3
Build:20211215
photo
photo

Priya - I believe this was a bug that had a workaround. Has that been fixed? See this post (I've been doing this workaround for a while, so it'd be nice to know if it's fixed).

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/how-to-format-numeric-display-chart-as-percentage

photo

Hello Carig,

The workaround that you have provided here is for Numeric charts and that issue is fixed in 7.4.6 .

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hello Yan,

We have replicated this issue by using information similar to yours. Unfortunately we don't have an option to edit the data labels in the chart itself but we have a work around that provides required results.

Could you please go through the below attachment . Let me know if it works and Please revert back if you have any queries.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hey Priya,

I'm aware we can do a work-around by making calculated fields for every single metric and multiply them by 100. In fact, this was the work around I showed you how to do during our teams meeting. And as I have explained, this doubles the amount of work I have to do as I now have to manually multiply every single metric by 100 and is not a sustainable long term solution. So if there is no other resolution, can you please submit this ticket into the ideas board? Thanks

photo
photo

Hello Yan,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hello Yan,

As you requested i have logged an idea regarding this issue and will update you once I hear back from the Development team.

Good Day!

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file