connection to YellowFin Config DB

Sachin shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Is there a need to explicit connect to YellowFin Config DB or it is something that happens behind the scene ?

I only have a Data Warehouse connected to YellowFin. Under Data Source tab in Administration section there is only one Data Warehouse. Should I also connect YellowFin Config DB for tool store metadata.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Sachin,

Yes, you can set up a separate data source connection to the Yellowfin config DB if you want to create views and content based off your instance's own data. So, for example, you might want to create audit content, for which we offer a set of views, dashboards and reports on our marketplace for free.

It's not needed, but a nice to have.

I hope that answers your question!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

so you are saying, if I just want dashboard based on Data Warehouse I don't need config DB ?

Also, then where will the metadata be saved of the dashboard/s I'll be creating ?

photo

Hi Sachin,

You do need a configuration database set up, which is created when you install the product for the first time. You just don't need to also create a connection in the data sources configuration screen within Yellowfin itself.

I hope that makes things clearer.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Sachin,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Sachin,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file