JSAPI through AJAX/ASYNC call

Enrico Patarini shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Hello,

I am trying to dynamically load yellowfin content onto a page based on selections by a user (i.e. a list of reports. if the user clicks report #2 in the list that populates into a box on the page). It appears the javascript uses "document.write" which is not a valid function for asyncronous calls (can't be used after page load). It would need to be '*element object*.innerHTML='. Has anyone found a way around this? I attempted to pass the elementId in hopes this would address it. It did not stop it from using 'document.write'. I find it surprising I'd be the first to encounter this.

Thanks,

Rico

Enrico

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Enrico,

I'll leave this open for the wider Community to answer, but if it's still open when I have a meeting with the developers in a couple of weeks, I'll bring it up with them then.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

I have solved the issue and wanted to share in case anyone else stumbles onto it in the future.

I add in the yfReportContainer div (i.e. <div id="yfReportContainer3f21e422-751d-43c6-a81a-25n233a60h68"></div>) manually right after the script and it works. Seems the "document.write" call is only for the initial div and everything else is added in a way AJAX likes.

Thanks for your help!

photo

Hi Enrico,

Thanks for letting us know and adding to our wider collection of knowledge!

Hope you have a great week.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file