How to broadcast a report with selected time period (daily)? v 9.5.1

Muzammal Majeed shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Hello

I scheduled (broadcast) a report and select the dynamic dates (09 AM - 09 PM) in the filter. After that output excel reflect the fixed time range "timestamp Between 10/24/2022 7:10 PM And 10/25/2022 7:10 AM" and its showing the same time when i setup the report.

Would you please assist how to broadcast report daily from 09 AM to 09 PM instead of whole day?

Thanks.

Files: pic1.PNG

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Majeed,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin Support.

Please find the below screenshots which will help you to schedule your report as per above mentioned timestamp.

Please follow below steps for schedule management.

Administration > Schedule management.

Once you are in Schedule management, Please select your report and you will find an edit option. Please follow the below options to specify the time.

/14ccaf6a110c2b654cd6fe3d416f827e

/61764167c7809d56896a3fb6b84d9543Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Sri Vamsi

Thank you for the response.

I am aware how to broadcast a report in YF but the question is how we can show the data only for a particular time period in the broadcasted report?

I can see the only available options of time timestamp are last hour, last 12 hours, last 24 hours etc. but if i want to select custom time (for example from 09 AM to 09 PM) and broadcast daily, how can i do this?

Thanks.

Files: pic2.PNG
photo

Hi Majeed,

Thanks for your mail.

Can you please go to admin panel, under the Data filter period, can you please select certain parameters which ever you want in your report

Administration-> Admin console -> Date filter Periods

/c41dd4df249711b08a3e29944e769490

Note : If the report has a date range that exists between now minus 3 or 7, it is visible, otherwise, it does not show the dates that are available in the report.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Majeed,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Vamsi,

Thank you for your feedback on this, i am still need to understand from where i can customize the time (specifically) for example i need a report run from 04 PM to 10 PM of previous day and broad cast this daily.

thanks.

photo

Hi Majeed,

As mentioned below, Can you please go to Administration-> Admin console -> Date filter Periods, there you can able to select or unselect the dates which you needed for report.

/b1ec01d7aad6d574fd886184a81f8cec

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Majeed,

My two cents - if you needed to have a custom date/time range, you could build a couple calculated columns on the VIEW (must be in the view itself), then use advanced filtering to use where Effective Date Greater Than {Column} and Effective Date Less Than {Column} The columns would be your SQL expressions. Your specific code will depend on your version of SQL (e.g., this is T-SQL but you could do the same with any flavor).

Here are the StartDateFilter and EndDateFilter columns I created in a dummy view and set them in the screen shots below. Hope this is what you're looking for (incidentally, if you needed to change to start yesterday, could be done very easily with some changes to the code).

StartDateFilter = dateadd(hh, 9, dateadd(dd, datediff(dd, 0, getdate()),0))

EndDateFilter = dateadd(hh, 21, dateadd(dd, datediff(dd, 0, getdate()),0))

photo

Hi Majeed,

Hope things are good on your end. Just wanted to check in to make sure you had what you needed here.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Majeed,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed due to inactivity at this time. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file