Connecting to snowflake

sepehr dabbagh shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Hello,

We're using Yellowfin version 9.7 and trying to connect to Snowflake. I've downloaded Snowflake JDBC driver version 3.13.20 and added that into Plugin management but still snowflake is grayed out when creating a new data source. Have I missed any steps in this?

Thanks,

Sep

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Sepehr,

It seems that some of the newer Snowflake JDBC drivers are not compatible with Yellowfin. I was able to test and confirm that 3.13.9 works with Yellowfin 9.7.

/a114f2481c04d395dbe0be5bbea6c252

/cbd8e03e1961bd56bd0419e20df4987e

Are you able to use this version with your instance?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Thanks Chris,

I downloaded 3.13.9 and Snowflake connection pops up. but there is an error when putting connection details:

Connection Failed

close_small_grey

Error Message:javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: Certificate for <xxxxx.ap-southeast-2.snowflakecomputing.com.snowflakecomputing.com> doesn't match any of the subject alternative names: [*.prod3.us-west-2.snowflakecomputing.com, *.us-west-2.snowflakecomputing.com, *.global.snowflakecomputing.com, *.snowflakecomputing.com, *.prod3.us-west-2.aws.snowflakecomputing.com]
photo

When adding your account in the connection properties, you only need to add the bit before snowflakecomputing.com

So if it was 1234.us-west-2.snowflakecomputing.com then you only add 1234.us-west-2 to the account section

photo

Thanks Dean!

Let me know how that goes, Sepehr.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

It's working fine now, thanks.

photo

That's great to hear! I'll mark this as answered. Enjoy your week.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file