Exception for PASSWORD_REQUIREMENTS_NOT_MET

Heng Yu shared this question 18 months ago
Answered

Hello,

We are using an application that integrates Yellowfin and need to login into our app using LDAP and then access Yellowfin. However, some users will get the error message Not Authenticate when accessing Yellowfin.

I have checked the logs in Yellowfin, it shows the following for the user who failed to access

/b8537abd3e339ed8ce3a07395c3a8b28

The use who can access the Yellowfin successfully has the following logs:

/27da7d8239c291e33238090e5fe3fe49

I assume that the app first checks if the userID is existed in Yellowfin, if not (according to the error code 8) then will create a new user in Yellowfin.

My question is that when the exception PASSWORD_REQUIREMENTS_NOT_MET (code 38) will be thrown? Is that happening when inserting the user into Yellowfin (insert into the Ipclass table in Yellowfin?) And the password requirement is according to the password setting, right?

/829f2771cc9d781cf6be5f6cbc06e5ec

Thanks

Best Answer
photo

Hi Heng,

Thanks for the reply here. I'm wondering if the length resrtiction is impacted by the encryption.... can you try increasing max length to a very large value and report results?

Thanks,

Eric

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Heng,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you be able to review this article and confirm whether or not you could be impacted?

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/encryption-changes-in-9-58-0-9-and-issues-with-passwords

Thanks,,

Eric

photo

Hello Eric,

Thanks for the quick response, I have checked the Yellowfin version is 9.7.0.3 and JAVA is 1.8.0_271, so I do not think those things will be impacted.

a6378a3c6728b806d173d8dcf2c2a005

Thanks

photo

Hi Heng,

Thanks for the reply here. I'm wondering if the length resrtiction is impacted by the encryption.... can you try increasing max length to a very large value and report results?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

It works, thank you!

Heng

photo

Hi Heng,

Thanks for the update, glad this worked! I wonder if maybe there could be a way for YF to "automatically" adjust this value if LDAP / encryption is used, as I could see this caveat being unclear, would you agree or be interested in pursuing this type of development task?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,Sorry, I am afraid that I do not have permission to involve in that. Our company bought the application that integrates with Yellowfin. The code and how they are integrated are hidden from me.

photo
photo

HI Heng,

Thanks for the update, sounds like the change will be enough in this case; I'll mark this question as Answered then. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file