Change Data Source of View

Dawn De Lima shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Hi Team,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the data source that a view is based on? I read in the documentation that there should be a link to change this beside the ds name on the view summary when in draft mode but I have checked a couple of our views (based on both MS SQL and OLAP cubes) and I do not see that link to change data source. Am I looking in the wrong place? Thank you.

/7b791483c977dabfab4ab5bb92cec212

Replies (14)

photo

Hello Dawn De Lima,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin Support

Yes, Yellowfin has the option to modify the data source of view.

You can use the image I've supplied as a guide.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Thank you. Would this be similar for views built from OLAP cubes? And YF version 8.03? I don't see the options when I got to edit view (clone).

/7c98c672a59eb82bd6230145576e62fe

And when I click on View Options this is what I see....

/72cb397ca726db9674dd71bf596889d4

photo

Hello Dawn De Lima,

After examining your problem, we would like to recommend you to follow the below instructions and see if it gives good results

1. Edit the view (using Edit, NOT Clone). The Data Source option does not yet appear, so

2. Go to the Prepare Tab

3. Go back to the Models tab. The option now appears in right-hand-pane

4. Change the Data Source

5. Click the little Save button to the right of the Data Source name (note, not same as saving or publishing the view).

Let me know if that works for you

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Thank you.

This worked for views built from MS SQL tables.

For our Olap Cubes it did not work. I do not see a Model tab when editing Cube views and no place to change data source.  So maybe it is not possible to change data source for cube view.

70549d82ef961db142394641d9d8afb7

Can I please confirm that when you do change a data source for a view; you can only change it to a different data source of the same “type” correct? For example, we could not change a view data source from a MS SQL data source to a MySQL data source; is that correct?

Sent: Wednesday, 12 October 2022 8:39 PM

To: Dawn Delima <dawn.delima@summitaustralia.com.au>

Subject: New Comment in "Change Data Source of View"

photo

Hello Dawn De Lima,

I looked over your issue and I believe we can have a quick remote session with you and see how things are going on.

I'll be available tomorrow from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. (EST).

Could you please let me know your availability.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

This sounds good. Could we please do this Monday or some time early next week?

photo

Hello Dawn De Lima,

Shall we connect on Tuesday between 10 a.m.- 12 p.m. (EST)

Please let me know your available time so that we can roll out a meeting invite here.

Kind Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Yes Tuesday any time between 10 and 12 EST works well. Thank you.

photo

Hello Dawn De Lima,

I hope you are doing well.

I've scheduled a meeting at 10:00am EST tomorrow. Please use this link

Let me know if any changes needed.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini, Very sorry I am in Melbourne, Australia and I thought you meant Australian Eastern Time. This 10 am meeting is 1 am Wednesday my time :). Could we please reschedule? So we are 15 hours ahead of US Eastern Time at the moment if that helps.

photo

Hello Dawn De Lima,

Please let me know your availability based on your time zone so that we can schedule a call on Wednesday or Thursday accordingly.

From 2:30 PM IST to 11 PM IST, Monday to Friday, I am available.

If this time doesn't work for you, I would request my colleague to get in touch with you based on your time availability.

Please check and let me know.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Dawn De Lima,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Sorry for the delay. We can close this. I will need to investigate changing data sources for cubes but I will do it at a later time and raise a new ticket if necessary.

Thank you,

Dawn

photo

Hello Dawn De Lima,

I appreciate the confirmation. As of now, I am closing this ticket.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

Leave a Comment

Attach a file