Loading Dashboard was slow and got 504 error code.

Ether Wang shared this question 19 months ago
Answered

We have multiple reports for the dashboard, each report can be loaded and work fine, two of them are a little slow, but can be opened. And the query for these two reports each takes about 0.2s in our database. They query from a table contains about 300000 records and one returns 100 records, one returns 20 record. But the dashboard cannot be loaded, it will keep loading and if inspect the browser console, will show error 504. We also tried to enable the cache for view and extend the timeout time, but all not working. Only if we reduce the records to 10000 in the table, the dashboard works fine. Is there any more optimization we can try to improve the performance?

/d28ce379f5a5ee14f365bb54b9a6c34e/9b7b1f6f9ee58e34bf48b42cbc156076

Regards,

Ether

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Ether,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question.

Dashboard performance can be dependent on a number of variables - connection speed, server specification, software versions etc. Usually when smaller data sets work but larger ones get slowm, its a matter of increasing resources to improveperformance. Here are some resources we have -

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/yellowfin-performance-tuning-or-monitoring

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything additionally.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Ether,

Just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to review my reply at this time.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Ether,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this question as Answered due to inactivity at this time. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thanks for your attention and sorry for the late reply, this issue seems it was resulted by the long time database query, we've optimized the sql, and the performance is much better.

Thanks,

Ether

photo

Hi Ether,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you were able to get performance improved here.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file