How to hide Presents and Themes in hamburger menu?

Emma Urli shared this idea 17 months ago
Idea Logged

I want to hide the Presents and Themes options in hamburger menu. However they don't seem to be affiliated to any role permissions. What am I missing?

I've also tried styling them out with CSS but with no luck as the style impacts the whole menu.

eg.

div.navigation-menu-section > div.menu-section-cells-container > div.menu-section-cells > div:nth-child(3) {

display:none;

}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies (4)

photo

They're also still visible in this menu on browse page too.

photo

Hi Emma,

It does seem like it could be a good idea to add some kind of roles configuration option to display or hide particular content types for certain users. You can disable the ability to create or see content of those types but not hide the browse options themselves. I also had a quick look through the Configuration table in the database and couldn't see anything there.

If you like I can create a new enhancement post for this feature.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Yes please log it, however I'd argue its a defect. Since role settings usually show or hide options from the report menu and browse functionality. Eg if I turn off reports, then the user doesn't see it in hamburger menu for create or browse, nor on the browse page search options. I'd expect Themes and Presents to behave the same.

I think this pretty important for user experience when ISVs are trying to create a controlled experience. If the functionality is switched off in roles then it should be removed from browse page and hamburger menu.

I understand Presents are really just Dashboards but since they get separated in the menu, then there must be a way to isolate and control them with a role too.

Alternatively if the devs could at least add classes or identifiers to the menu items, then I could at least style them out with css.  Happy to provide more detail on this if it's an option

Thanks,

Emma

On Sat, 8 Oct 2022, 1:12 am Yellowfin Support, <support@yellowfin.bi> wrote:

photo

Hi Emma,

I had a chat with Brad, our CTO, over this one who said that it's definitely an enhancement as it's a new feature rather than an existing one not working, but I made him aware that you'd like it prioritised and we'll see if we can get it added.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file