Keep Original Sort On Reset

Zack Wilson shared this idea 17 months ago
Idea Logged

Why doesn't the Reset /67717be738100ece68b75b5999ca555b Make the sort go back to the original sort?

In other words, let's say I have a Group Name, Customer ID, and Revenue column. I set up the Report to always sort on the Group Name ASC, then the Revenue DESC. I also want the user to be able to sort by Customer ID if they desire to... But, If they do sort by Customer ID, there is no way to return to the original sort. Is this an oversight or is it intentional? The RESET at the top does not fully "Reset".

Thanks,

Zack

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Zack Wilson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Yellowfin Support Team.

While we are investigating this issue, could you please let us know the exact version and build of Yellowfin you are currently using so that we can replicate the same and get back to you with the findings.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

/624fc19020abd75de81c8c09c604ded0

photo

Hello Zack Wilson,

We did try to replicate your issue in Yellowfin version 9.8.0 and were unable to replicate the issue. Could you kindly provide us a screen recording of the procedures you are following so that we can duplicate them and get back to you?

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Yamini,

Let me know if this works...

https://watch.screencastify.com/v/t8CnHMZsWf6VJkEdO0W5

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hello Zack Wilson,

Hope you are doing well

We looked into your problem more, replicated your issue in our test environment and discovered that the reset only affects the filters—not the sorting.

Only when a filter has been selected does the back button appear. The default filter must be selected in order for that button to appear, otherwise, it won't.

Only the filters are affected by the reset and not the sorting of the columns.

This is an enhancement, in my opinion.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Yamini,

I feel like this should be part of the reset or at least an option. So, Yes. Please raise it as an enhancement!

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hello Zack Wilson,

Thanks for the confirmation. We'll open a Jira ticket for the Dev team in response to your request. We will keep you posted once we have some updates around this.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

Leave a Comment

Attach a file