Column Formatting on Dashboard

Nigel Smith shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

Can we implement a way for Column formatting at a report level, i.e. column width, to be applied to the report when it's added to a Dashboard?

In example, the below screenshot shows my formatted column at a report level:

14454817211fd03a5bf3490f63ef6363

Yet when I add it to a Dashboard, that's not honored:

12c5176bb8a4fd777a7a13c497502215

Furthermore, I don't see any settings to alter this behavior or adjust these column widths.

This provides a problem when data is changed in the columns, as they resize themselves dynamically. When multiple users are viewing the same dashboards and making changes to the underlying data, this is not ideal.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for getting in touch with this idea. Hopefully I've got some good news for you here! We're actually planning a total rewrite of the dashboard section of the product to more closely mirror the experience of the report canvas. This will mean that you will be able to drag, drop, and resize reports and charts however you like. Dashboards will no longer be locked to the 1, 2, or 3, column fixed width configuration. If I am reading your post correctly, being able to manually dictate the placement and dimensions of reports should meet your needs. I don't have a firm ETA at this point, but I do know that this functionality will be coming in a major release (not one of our monthly patches) some time next year.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions on this!

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Hello,

Is there an update on this feature ?

Thanks,

Gokul

photo

Hi Gokul,

Yes! This has been in development for quite some time as it's a significant re-write. This is coming with version 8.1 (not to be confused with 8.0.1), whose approximate ETA is by the end of this year. I'm afraid I can't be more specific than this, except to say that it will indeed be in 2019.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Gokul,

We're just doing some housekeeping. This feature was implemented in later versions of Yellowfin, so will be closed off.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file