List of Configuration table configcodes

Matthew Edwards shared this idea 18 months ago
Idea Logged

Hi Guys,

Hopefully you will be able to assist with this request. We have noticed that there are large numbers of configcodes in the configuration table which are not populated by default, these are also not values you can change within Yellowfin. Inserting them then changing the configdata column to a value makes the change across Yellowfin that are missing.

The request is do you have a list of configcodes that the Configuration table uses/can use if not there by default.

Regards,

Matthew Edwards

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for reaching out. I can see we have a configuration modification tool as of 9.7 -

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Configuration+Modification+Tool

I'd expect an additional table or a document with the available configcode references, I think that's what you're looking for here?

931678c93351c42b6597430ca2f9007d

If so, I can get a request to our documentation team.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Yes thats what im looking for, i can already edit the configData which appears in the Configuration table on a fresh install. What i'm looking for is a list of ConfigCodes which are not there, however are inserted into the table when a content change is made in the admin console.

If you can get your Documentation team to send that over that would help us Rhinos a whole bunch.

Regards,

Matthew

photo
photo

Hi Matthew,

Just wanted to check in to see if you were interested in pursuing this documentation request.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Not sure if you could see the reply on your last update?

However the jist is yes, if you can get this documentation sorted that would be very helpful.

Regards,

Matthew

photo
photo

Hi Matthew,

Sorry I missed your previous response on this. Thanks for confirming for me. I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into potentially adding this functionality to a future version of the application. I've attached this ticket to the task and added your organization as an affected client for tracking purposes. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file