Ability to show Dashboard filter widgets on PDF exports

Keith Wheldon shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

Good morning,

When we use the export Dashboard to PDF function, the filters widget vanishes from the finalised PDF. I was wondering how this could be rectified. Also, is there a way within the PDF function to state only export certain tabs on the Dashboard?

Kind regards

Keith

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Keith,

Thanks for reaching out. The filter prompt display itself hasn't been exportable in reports and isn't in Dashboard's either. As such, this is expected behavior. That said, I can convert this to an Idea item and submit an enhancement request for this if you could explain the use case for this - typically, when exporting reports what's intended to be exported are the desired results, not possible filters, so can you please explain why this would be useful to you? This reasoning, among other things, would be taken into account by the Product Team when considering this for potential enhancement.

In terms of exporting only certain tabs on a dashboard, this is not currently possible as well, but I can definitely see this being a viable idea. I can submit an Idea on your behalf for this and/or change this ticket to an Idea item for this instead of using it for the filter widget idea pending response on use case, so please let me know use case for that, and then I can submit what needs to be submitted thereafter.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

Mike,

Ok, first things first... the filter widget... i would like to be able to display the time periods of the filter on the Dashboard. i.e the dates chosen (and not just the dates that have data in them).. so if i chose 01/10/2020 to the 15/10/2020, i would like to be able to see those two dates.. but the data would only return the values between those dates... its to show on the dashboard the time period selected.

Secondly, exporting only certain tabs.. say for quick publication of a dashboard we would pdf it. only tabs 1 2 3 and 4 were required... but the other tabs 5 to 7 had useful information on just for the dashboard... and not for publishing in a PDF, that could be used in internal reports....

Hope that makes sense

photo

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your response. These use cases certainly make sense to me. I've gone ahead and submitted an enhancement request for both of these. I've converted this ticket to an Idea item to have the ability to display the filter widget itself on PDF exports, and created a new Idea item for exporting specific Dashboard tabs attached to your name, which you can reference here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Mark here from the EMEA support Team. As we are aware this is not yet possible within Yellowfin, however as a possible workaround I am proposing the following:

We have the option to add a Vertical Filter to the Global Content section, this still allows the user to apply a filter then export the document with no filter on display within the pdf document, however it does not show what filter has been applied, unless one looks at the report and assumes, or if one creates some form of footer or text widget showing this although this would will be a manual process for every time you apply a different filter.

Below is an example of what one could achieve, albeit the formatting could be better, but as an example it's something that could be used.

7e1719742169b60450f2ba24c99e60a2

We will still look into having the Filter Widget viewable when exporting to PDF.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Further to this, we do have alternative options;

API Functions - this allows one to get all the applied filter values, so one can build a code widget that can be included on said dashboard to meet end user requirements.

More information can be found here.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file