Many users appear with the same email address "webuser@webservice.com"

Patrick Telford shared this question 20 months ago
Answered

In looking through the user table to try and solve an issue with clashing email addresses, we discovered a large number of users (400+) with the same email address "webuser@webservice.com". We do not believe that these have been added intentionally by users of the system - is this an email address that Yellowfin will generate under any circumstances?

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Patrick,

I hope you're doing well.

We don't have any internal documentation or prior cases using this email address, it's possible that a script has been run against your instance creating users with this email address using the API.

It's not really something we can help with, but if you want to know where they've come from you could check the startdate entry for those users in the ipclass table; do they have the same start date or is there a pattern in their creation dates?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris -

There is only one row in the ipclass table with an email address of webuser@webservice.com. The IpId matches the highest IpId in the Person table. The hundreds of other rows in the Person table with an email address of webuser@webservice.com do not have matching rows in the ipclass table.

photo

Hi Patrick,

Are the users otherwise active and in use? How were the users imported to Yellowfin in the instance? Yellowfin shouldn't automatically generate this address, so I'm wondering if a web service was either run that modified user records or the email was added at user creation time.

Finally, the Person table in Yellowfin doesn't contain an email address column, so I'm slightly confused about what you are seeing. A screenshot would help here.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Patrick,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Patrick,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file